• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bloodstained Kickstarter Reaches Wii U Stretch Goal, Adds Goal for PS Vita

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:02 am Reply with quote
Odd; I just visited the site and it's displaying at $2,994,643. I guess some pledges got reduced or cancelled?
se37

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:23 am Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Odd; I just visited the site and it's displaying at $2,994,643. I guess some pledges got reduced or cancelled?

The update when it hit the 3 million mark says that a number of them are added from paypal. So it is Kickstarter + Paypal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote
What's odd is a Texas-based studio doing both the Wii-U and PS Vita ports
varmintx

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:07 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
What's odd is a Texas-based studio doing both the Wii-U and PS Vita ports
They do lots of ports. Former Retro guys who formed their own company.
TC-man

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:53 am Reply with quote
I thought the Unreal Engine 4 didn't work (i.e. incompatible) for the Wii U... Epic said so at least. Well, good news for Castlevania fans with a Wii U. I myself is a big fan of the Symphony of the Night game. Let's hope the PSVita also gets this game.
varmintx

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:59 am Reply with quote
TC-man wrote:
I thought the Unreal Engine 4 didn't work (i.e. incompatible) for the Wii U... Epic said so at least.
That was dispelled the day after it was said:

Quote:
During the presentation the day before, another journalist asked if Unreal Engine 4 would work on Nintendo's Wii U -- a console that straddles the line between next-gen and the current one in terms of horsepower. "Hahahaha, no," he responded, which sent a wave of laughter through the room of journalists. But that's not technically true, he admitted the next day, walking back his gaffe. "You heard the stupid gaffe yesterday about the Wii U," he said. "If someone wants to take Unreal Engine 4 and ship a game on Wii U, they can! If they wanna ship an Unreal Engine 4 game on Xbox 360, they could make it happen." While that game might not look as pretty as it would on a "true" next-gen console, the new engine is scalable to a variety of platforms, including mobile.

Despite UE4's next-gen bent, the engine is built from the ground up with portability in mind. For instance, the UE3 demo running in Firefox was described as just the beginning -- Epic plans to get UE4 running in browsers in the not-too-distant future.
anddo

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Nothing but fantastic news. I deeply respect Igarashi, and Metroidvania games will always find a home on Nintendo consoles.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote
Good for them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1