• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Akame ga Kill Zero Manga 'Approaching Climax'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James02

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
So why has nobody been translating this into English?
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh, the manga is still running? Does that mean the recent anime is one of those series that doesn't have an ending? Been waiting for it to air on Toonami but it does bug me when shows just stop with no resolution.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Oh, the manga is still running? Does that mean the recent anime is one of those series that doesn't have an ending? Been waiting for it to air on Toonami but it does bug me when shows just stop with no resolution.

It has a Gecko Ending, but it *is* an ending. I didn't like it much, but I can't deny that it resolved the main plot elements.

Edit: I just realized that they're talking about Akame ga Kill Zero, which is a prequel to the main storyline. No anime was made of the Zero storyline.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quote
James02 wrote:
So why has nobody been translating this into English?

Akame ga kill ZERO is a short series.. only 13 chapters so far.. about 2 volumes..

all chapters are translated (or is it scanlated Confused) to english

or are you talking about licensing the series for the NA region?

Wyvern wrote:

well akame ga kill has an ending.. but an altered ending

i wish they didn't alter the ending of akame ga kill .. give it a 2nd season instead.. given the manga is still on going..

the anime follows the manga pretty closely until episode 21 or so.. that's when it went south from there

kind of like Soul Eater anime series..
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote
So we have a prequel for Akame ga Kill. Reminds me of Gai Rei Zero. Hopefully one day we'll see that manga. I'm going to have to one day sit down and watch the actual series. I started but then lost track. I'll try and get back to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1