• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Summer 2015

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I must be the only one that voted for rin-ne but it's fine as long as there is a final review but I voted for almost everything else that was voted on so that amounts to like 10 plus shows that I watch per week so I feel better about that.
brankoburcksen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow. That went fast. Cannot wait to read the new review line up. I will also be reading Nick's Paranoia Agent reviews. It sounds like a really cool idea! Next up, I would really like to read a classics week-to-week review of Neon Genesis Evangelion. (Seems appropriate for the 20th anniversary as well.)
Via_01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:50 pm Reply with quote
A bit disappointed Umaru-chan didn't make it... However, those "Classic Reviews" on Paranoia Agent should keep me interested.
PetitePuff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Surprised yay! looks like all the shows i was interested in will be getting reviews!
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Well pretty much everything I voted on got in which is cool. I'm surprised at who got certain shows though especially the more ecchi ones like Monster Musume and Prison School, not the people that I figured would volunteer to cover them, but I'm not complaining.
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Yay, all of Gabbo's shows are ones I'm following Very Happy I love her reviews; they're so thoughtful and researched.

I also like the idea of the Classic weekly reviews. I'm especially excited because the first show chosen is one I've always been meaning yo watch but never seem to get around to. Watching it week to week with Nick will be easier than trying to watch it all at once on my own Very Happy The idea sounds kind of like a more "official" version of the old ANN book club threads so it'll be interesting to read the thread for those reviews too.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I was so angry that Non Non Biyori 2 wasn't on there . . . and then I saw the very last entry. That's just evil. But hey; whew. Ren-chon will be so happy.

Quote:
...if you like the idea of Daily Streaming Classic, please support Nick's write-ups and let us know which classic shows you'd like to see reviewed in this format!

RahXephon when?

Kino's Journey when?

PMMM when?

Evangelion when?

Hey, a man can dream, can't he?

Anyway, I love the idea of classics getting some more attention.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:07 pm Reply with quote
All my choices made it in, that has got to be a first, thank you very much. Looking forward to the reviews. Smile

Mark Gosdin
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Hope is reviewing Chaos Dragon? This should be entertaining.
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Cool! I'll be waiting for the reviews, in fact many shows I won't be watching have such an interest in their story that I will be checking out the other reviews anyway.

I like the idea of classic shows as episodic reviews, although I guess those will be for people who haven't watched that particular show, aren't they? Paranoia Agent is pretty cool for that, so let's see what else I can propose (trying to pick shows that are not long and are thought to be enjoyed more episodically instead of in a road).

-Koi Kaze: Still so far the only well-done and realistic incest relationship, I think? There's a lot to talk about its framing and characterization from both main and secondary characters, and comparing it with the rest of media.
-Mushishi: Yep, the classic episodic one, it's perfect for it. I know we had some of Hope's reviews about the last season, but the first one also has some gems to be unpacked with all their thematic value inside (episode 4, episode 4, episode 4~~).
-Dennou Coil: Family show that plays a lot with the relationship with technology and generations, and while it has a very continuous story, is still packaged enough to have episodic reviews.
-From the New World: While I think this is more of a show you see in a road than you watch episodically, there's still a lot of content to talk about step by step about their themes of generations, society, empathy, relations, etc.
-Earth Girl Arju-- okay nothing~~
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Kyoukai no Rinne did not make the cut....damn it. Mad
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
This summer didn't have a lot that grabbed me, but I will be looking forward to reading reviews of Snow White with the Red Hair (big fan of the manga, even bigger fan of most Bones series) and Durararax2. Here's hoping this cour will be better than the last. Also, the Paranoia Agent reviews sound like a cool idea, there's definitely a lot to write about since there's a good chunk of standalone episodes along with the overall story.

Poor soul who got Chaos Dragon... good luck to you.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Yay, all the ones I voted for made it! And the two I didn't but wanted to (Gate and Chaos Dragon) so I could read the reviews did as well!

Classic reviews sounds awesome! Paranoia Agent would be a great way to start.

Y'know, I'd love episode reviews of Penguindrum. Maybe Wolf's Rain, too, which is unfortunately similar to Paranoia Agent in that it has yet to see a re-release on these shores....

Is there a cour cut off rule though? Or would longer series be done in two episode increments?
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Maybe not for her though, given her reaction to the visuals alone in episode one. She might have eye-cancer by the time the show finishes.

RestLessone wrote:
Is there a cour cut off rule though? Or would longer series be done in two episode increments?

Multiple episodes (of the same show) a week would be a bit hard on the reviewers, so maybe no cour cutoff?
Souther

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Lol. I'm surprised the show got voted in, considering the roasting it got. Anyway, I voted for Prison School and it got in, looking forward to the show and the reviews.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7