• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition Heads to PS4/PS3/Vita on December 17

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:11 pm Reply with quote
They're releasing a localization of the original 2 months before the next version heads to consoles...
Jajanken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Is it wishful thinking to hope that this comes out here too?
razisgosu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
Is it wishful thinking to hope that this comes out here too?

If the original does well, it'd almost be a guarantee.
Hideki-Motosuwa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, SEGA put you all behind a pay wall so go ahead if throw money at them as you and everyone else who doesn't import gamble for a chance to get this version in the US.

It wouldn't have been as bad if SEGA USA went ahead and just released the game last month like they were supposed. This is pretty much DOA with the announcement of Ignition for home consoles.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
Hideki-Motosuwa wrote:
It wouldn't have been as bad if SEGA USA went ahead and just released the game last month like they were supposed. This is pretty much DOA with the announcement of Ignition for home consoles.

That wouldn't have been much better, but at least it would have been before the Ignition port had an official announcement. What they really should have done at this point is just skip the base version and release Ignition here sometime close to its Japan release.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quote
So wait, if this came to NA, would I be paying for an entire game that is only different to the original because of 3 new characters and bug fixes? That kinda seems dumb. This seems like it should be a DLC instead of a new game, unless I'm wrong.
Hideki-Motosuwa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:06 am Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
So wait, if this came to NA, would I be paying for an entire game that is only different to the original because of 3 new characters and bug fixes? That kinda seems dumb. This seems like it should be a DLC instead of a new game, unless I'm wrong.

It may be possible to do it as DLC for the PS4 version but for the Vita & PS3 versions, not so much. The fact that they have to add more to the following:

- More Dream Match Scenarios
- The 3 characters Arcade Mode scenarios & endings
- More BG material in the extras for the new characters
- New character animations for the new characters scenario stories
- New character animations for both Miyuki & Tatsuya for the active & support roles

It would probably take too much time and the Vita would probably not be able to handle the load, let alone Sony's DL Size limit for DLC & updates on PSN for both the Vita & PS3. Besides, French-Bread is just using what they learned about marketing from Arc System Works because it works and they know people are going to buy it regardless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1