• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue Revealed for 2016

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:26 am Reply with quote
Very excited!
Zethus_Thorne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:36 am Reply with quote
KH DDD HD: Few added content
KH X BC: Theater Mode
KH 0.2 BBS -a framentary passage: A prequel episode that would lead into KH III.

Looks promising but confusing.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:53 am Reply with quote
Nomura finally got the time to tell BBS Volume 2. All is right in the world!

Oh Aqua. Wink
Silver4000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:02 am Reply with quote
*Screaming like a fangirl*

I didn't buy DDD because I was waiting for an HD version, and I knew that SE would deliver it, still, it gets me super excited.

And it's nice to see them picking up on BBS Volume 2, though, it looks like it will be only a small episode... at least we have more Aqua.

And since this is called II.8, makes me believe that a II.9 would be a complete collection of all the games (excluding KH III).

Connor Waltman wrote:
KH DDD HD: Few added content
KH X BC: Theater Mode
KH 0.2 BBS -a framentary passage: A prequel episode that would lead into KH III.

Looks promising but confusing.

I've heard many people saying that it's confusing, but what is?

DDD HD will tie every spin off with the main series, and make ground for KH III, KH X is about the Kayblade War, and BBS 0.2 will open the doors to KH III.
NikamiYuhara

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:14 am Reply with quote
Silver4000 wrote:
*Screaming like a fangirl*

I didn't buy DDD because I was waiting for an HD version, and I knew that SE would deliver it, still, it gets me super excited.

And it's nice to see them picking up on BBS Volume 2, though, it looks like it will be only a small episode... at least we have more Aqua.

And since this is called II.8, makes me believe that a II.9 would be a complete collection of all the games (excluding KH III).

I've heard many people saying that it's confusing, but what is?

DDD HD will tie every spin off with the main series, and make ground for KH III, KH X is about the Kayblade War, and BBS 0.2 will open the doors to KH III.

My exact reaction to this announcement!

I didn't buy DDD and I dont have a ps4 so I guess i gotta check out walkthroughs.

Maybe we will have more info on Aqua since almost the whole KH fandom wonders wtf is up with her.

I was thinking the same or maybe its more content, who knows.

And makes sense.
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:54 am Reply with quote
at this point, its more likely for the χ[chi] series to be also remade for the ps4 than for KH3 to actually be released before 2025 to be honest
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote
Hm... On the PS4 only, when the listing several days back said PS3, too? (although it also said "2.9" instead of "2.8")

Oh well, that means there are now two games I'll need for the PS4 as opposed to one. Can't complain about that.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
I'm going to have to get a PS4 sooner than I thought! Excited!! DDD is one of my favorites so I can't wait till it's in HD!

Edit: I like extra content, but it doesn't seem like there's much to play in this game. The fragmentary passage was already on 2.5 and it wasn't that long so I can't imagine the new story to be long either.. Hope the price reflects that or I'm mistaken.
bs3311

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:33 am Reply with quote
PS4 aqua has a GGGRREEEAAATT Back! Day 1 purchase! Still surprised its another Playstation collection title. No love for XB1 even though KH3 is getting released on both? Weird Confused
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:08 am Reply with quote
So Kingdom Hearts III is coming in 2017 or we're getting a triple dose of Kingdom Hearts next year.

Silver4000 wrote:
The problem with that logic is why on earth would the complete collection be on PS3 as well when II.8 is PS4 only. Also, VanDeventer's LinkedIn profile doesn't suggest that it just be another rerelease unless they decided to add new bosses and Attraction Flow to the previous installments. Granted, the other popular theory that II.9 is a prologue to III à la Ground Zeroes also doesn't make any sense given that KHIII is PS4/XBone. Then again, SquareEnix has always been incredibly inconsistent with the consoles that the series was released on...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Silver4000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
So Kingdom Hearts III is coming in 2017 or we're getting a triple dose of Kingdom Hearts next year.

Silver4000 wrote:
The problem with that logic is why on earth would the complete collection be on PS3 as well when II.8 is PS4 only. Also, VanDeventer's LinkedIn profile doesn't suggest that it just be another rerelease unless they decided to add new bosses and Attraction Flow to the previous installments. Granted, the other popular theory that II.9 is a prologue to III à la Ground Zeroes also doesn't make any sense given that KHIII is PS4/XBone. Then again, SquareEnix has always been incredibly inconsistent with the consoles that the series was released on...

Since the II.9 has just been a rumor so far with no confirmation, I don't see why not.
Sony also said that GR2 would be on Vita and today they announced it for PS4 only.
SE previously said that Versus XIII would come out on PS3 and now it's for PS4 and renamed as FF XV.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
2.9 Could've been renamed to 2.8? Probably only on PS4 because if you look at the trailer the Aqua part really looks like it's too detailed to be a PS3 game. I'm thinking the Aqua thing could be like a prologue for III? Kind of a demo but without playing as Sora... like if they had done the whole Roxas part in KH2 as some extended demo. Aqua's like my fave character tho so hopefully it won't be too short!!! Hopefully we can revist some worlds from BBS or something I mean the secret end DID show the castle of dreams (cinderella world) in the realm of darkness.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I need this in my life now Sad
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Haven't gotten DDD so that's another reason to pick this up and also especially interested in the extra Aqua episode.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:52 am Reply with quote
When I saw the thumbnail I thought it was Link, and he just opened a chest and found a woman or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1