• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Appleseed Alpha's Spinoff Manga to End in November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:03 pm Reply with quote
A couple of minor corrections. In the original manga as published by Dark Horse, Briareos is a cyborg not a bioroid. He started out a normal human and had most of his body replaced as a result of war injuries. A bioroid, such as Hitomi, is an artificial person grown from the DNA of multiple people, including Deunan's father. Most of the actions take place in the city of Olympus. It is a utopia but is not named Utopia.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't we just get Appleseed reprinted? Volume 1 is impossible to find now.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Not impossible, just gone from the primary market. If you can tolerate the Dark Horse 2nd (flipped) edition there is currently one on e-bay for $15. This is perfectly fine if you simply want to read the series.

A reprint, making this accessible to a new generation of fans would be an excellent idea. However, since Dark Horse lost some of Shirows titles, it is not clear who has the rights currently to Appleseed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1