• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Banned from Facebook Page]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ztbeast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
why can't I post comments on your guys facebook page? I'll i see is a botton to share your guys links. I see other people leaving comments on your links on facebook all the time.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps you were banned from the facebook page. Unfortunately I don't know who you are on Facebook, so I can't look it up.
ztbeast

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:48 pm Reply with quote
this is messed up that i was blocked on your facebook page. I didn't doing any wrong to deserve this.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
ztbeast wrote:
this is messed up that i was blocked on your facebook page. I didn't doing any wrong to deserve this.

Most people who are banned from the Facebook page are banned because they spammed the feed with an ad for another facebook page or website.

As I said above, I don't know who you are. Your Facebook profile name is not "ztbeast," so there is no way to identify you from among the hundreds of people that have been banned from our facebook page.

But even if I did know who you are, FB isn't kind enough to provide us with a log of why individuals were banned. So I would have no idea why you were banned.

-t
ztbeast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:48 pm Reply with quote
yeah I sent you a pm saying who i was. and I don't remembering doing any spaming. maybe i was sharing my anime group with people but to be banned for that is just stupid! i have been a loyalist of your guys page since the late 90s. and a anime lover for a long time.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:48 am Reply with quote
ztbeast wrote:
maybe i was sharing my anime group with people but to be banned for that is just stupid!

Remember how annoying it was a decade ago, before we had good spam filters, and every day you had dozens, or even hundreds of spam in your inbox ? Some of those "spammers" probably just thought they were 'sharing' something useful; but that doesn't change the fact that they were contributing to the problem, as well as your annoyance.

ANN's Facebook feed is spammed with dozens of links to other pages every day. We delete every one of them and ban the person from posting to our page again.

I'm sorry if you thought you were innocently sharing your page, but you were in fact spamming it with an unsolicited promotion of another page.

Despite the fact that we've banned several thousand people from the page, I did manage to find your entry, so I'm going to unban you. Please don't post any more links to other pages. I recommend following that rule on other public pages as well. Everytime a page like ANN reports you for "spam" Facebook degrades your account, and your posts become less & less likely to be seen by others.

-t
ztbeast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:34 am Reply with quote
Well thank you for unblocking me. I'll make sure to follow the rules and read them.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1