• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: My Hero Academia Creator to Show Face for First Time on Manga TV Show

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Now I kinda see a little resemblence between him and My Hero Academia's protagonist...I Like it
MetalHunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Soooooo, he's bishi.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Now we'll see how the batman died.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:36 pm Reply with quote
You can really tell that it's Horikoshi's office by all the super hero and Star Wars stuff. Also I love how he even has the English volumes of My Hero Academia and Barrage. That's pretty cool!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I'd imagine anyone would be flattered to hear their work has been officially translated into another language. Well, except a few people, at least.

Is there something about manga authors and never showing their face in public or on mass media? Eiichiro Oda does such a thing too, though he has shown his face occasionally.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:55 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I'd imagine anyone would be flattered to hear their work has been officially translated into another language. Well, except a few people, at least.

Is there something about manga authors and never showing their face in public or on mass media? Eiichiro Oda does such a thing too, though he has shown his face occasionally.

I think it's just about privacy, since I know Himoru Arwakawa also barely ever shows her face. Must make going to the grocery store a lot easier that way. I don't think every author is this way but I also think a lot of authors just might flat out not care about that one way or another (don't quote me on that.)

That all said, when I did see that picture of Horikoshi I don't know why but it automatically clicked in my mind that "Yup, I could see this guy being into drawing this kinda stuff." Laughing
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:08 am Reply with quote
That photo is not him the guy in the photo has Dark brown hair but Kohei has black hair in the censored photo if you look closely. Shocked
Brutannica

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:40 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
That photo is not him the guy in the photo has Dark brown hair but Kohei has black hair in the censored photo if you look closely. Shocked

Or maybe he stopped dying it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1