• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Drifters' New Anime Casts Takahiro Sakurai, Shiho Kokido, Masakazu Nishida

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pandoraking

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote
we got the staff, we got the pv.. pls gives us a premiere date
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:24 pm Reply with quote
This shit looks tight as hell! I really hoping this will be anime to get us out of the "teenaged, high school, maybe romances" bullshit they've been feeding us for, like, 10 years. The mature content of this is just what I need right now. Very Happy
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
This shit looks tight as hell! I really hoping this will be anime to get us out of the "teenaged, high school, maybe romances" bullshit they've been feeding us for, like, 10 years. The mature content of this is just what I need right now. Very Happy

Ah I see. The old "gore/edge=mature" thing is still going.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:

So fken agree dude. Tired of these shitty high school girls shit these days. Finally a gore, mature and brutal anime!!! Those smiles tho!
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
This will go two ways: we see something like the first Gonzo adaptation of Hellsing or we get something short but higher quality like the later OVAs.

Considering how the second case was only applicable after they finished the series in print, I'm fearful of the former applying to this adaptation. Fortunately there's enough to adapt to fill at least one quarter before sales determine the possibility of a sequel.
Nice Tea

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I hope Yasushi Ishii will do the whole soundtrack, so far he already did the awesome songs for the teaser and the PV.
According to a recent interview, he seems to be still working on the project.

http://www.balticasia.lt/en/straipsniai/muzika/jazz-loaded-gunshot-interview-with-yasushi-ishii-remigijus-rancys/
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
animechic420 wrote:

Keep in mind that Anime was advertised in the west back in the 90s as being Edgy. "The latest in adult animation" This isn't Loony Tunes"
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:42 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:
animechic420 wrote:

Keep in mind that Anime was advertised in the west back in the 90s as being Edgy. "The latest in adult animation." This isn't Looney Tunes.

Thank you, MarBan. To me, that "edginess" is slowly disappearing from anime. Fanservice, ecchi, moe, otomas adaptations are what J-animators of today probably think people are into nowadays. Confused
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:39 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
Thank you, MarBan. To me, that "edginess" is slowly disappearing from anime. Fanservice, ecchi, moe, otomas adaptations are what J-animators of today probably think people are into nowadays. Confused
Please stop mindlessly rehashing that same baseless statement out for the billionth time.

Go watch this(Drifters) or Bungo Stray Dogs, Dimension W, the 3 Project Itoh films, Joker games, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress etc. There are so many different things out, and I will never understand why instead of promoting them people just want to bitch and whine.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:52 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
animechic420 wrote:
Please stop mindlessly rehashing that same baseless statement out for the billionth time.

Go watch this(Drifters) or Bungo Stray Dogs, Dimension W, the 3 Project Itoh films, Joker games, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress etc. There are so many different things out, and I will never understand why instead of promoting them people just want to bitch and whine.

YOU. WILL. PAY. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
↑ Looks like my advice has landed me in some hot water
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:34 pm Reply with quote
So Oda Nobunaga and Abe no Seimei are both in the same show? Are they portrayed as being in the same historical period? Nobunaga lived from 1534 to 1582. Abe no Seimei was born around 920 and died in 1005. Given how famous both men are in Japanese history, I'd imagine most Japanese people know they are not contemporaries.
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:56 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
So Oda Nobunaga and Abe no Seimei are both in the same show? Are they portrayed as being in the same historical period? Nobunaga lived from 1534 to 1582. Abe no Seimei was born around 920 and died in 1005. Given how famous both men are in Japanese history, I'd imagine most Japanese people know they are not contemporaries.
The story is about famous warriors from throughout history being pulled into a separate world and being made to fight. There's a plot summary in the article.
Nosehair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:54 pm Reply with quote
yeeeeee kill kiiilllll! you guys are dumb, edgey is fun, im sure there will be a couple mature anime too, there is always at least one or two. this season we have the one about the rokuga brothers. enjoy all the animes guys jeez. there are the after-school anime, the shonen anime, the romance anime, the dark and edgy anime, and the story driven/character centered adult anime. theres almost always a good one of each every season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1