Forum - View topic
NEWS: Current Gintama TV Anime to End This Month


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Яeverse



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 791
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:45 pm Reply with quote
What shall take its place?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaggedAuthor



Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 976
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, the writing's been on the wall ever since they skipped a bunch of chapters and rushed into the Shogun Assassination Arc. I hope we're not looking at another two-year hiatus. (At least we have a couple of OVAs to look forward to.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ulinox



Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 675
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Nuuoooooo....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Somer-_-



Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 581
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Talk about blindsided. I'm not sure they'll even finish this arc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaggedAuthor



Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 976
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
Talk about blindsided. I'm not sure they'll even finish this arc.


If they continue adapting it at the current pace, they should have juuuuust enough episodes left to finish it off.

I personally would have preferred that they ended the season with the previous arc - after adapting the remaining comedic arcs and standalone chapters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sakaki



Joined: 01 Mar 2003
Posts: 35
Location: U.S.A.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
What shall take its place?


Sousei no Onmiyouji. (Twin star Exorcists.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Sakaki



Joined: 01 Mar 2003
Posts: 35
Location: U.S.A.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:
Well, the writing's been on the wall ever since they skipped a bunch of chapters and rushed into the Shogun Assassination Arc. I hope we're not looking at another two-year hiatus. (At least we have a couple of OVAs to look forward to.)


See, I don't think they rushed into the arc as much as they already knew the show wasn't going to run more than a year this time around, and wanted to end things with a bang. This isn't 2006 where multi-cour shows were more common. In fact, Gintama running an entire year like this without a cour off is unusual now. It's one of my pet peeves in regard to anime nowadays, but what can you do when collectiblity is prioritized over story?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
FackuIkari



Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Posts: 402
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
oh well, at least we got 50 episodes of Gintama this time and not just 13 like last time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shuusei



Joined: 09 Apr 2015
Posts: 154
Location: Fort Gordon
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I just wish viz would give the manga another try.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thespacemaster



Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 587
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Would you rather have a long running show with a lot of filler arcs and long episodes that are slow as half a chapter?

Gintama is probably one of the very few very well paced long running manga shows out there...so it is better to have a few years of wait and than get back into the content and pace it and finish it off with a bang.

We all know that Gintanma is heading for its final arc...so they will wait to finish it off and than do another anime and end it on a high note.. its not like it wont be back..this is like the third time it has gotten a break..so relax and it enjoy it while u can Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HueyLion



Joined: 14 Feb 2014
Posts: 529
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Noooooo! Like why? 50 episode mark ;( i wanted them to go further.

Now I have to continue on with the manga
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ssj1236



Joined: 04 Dec 2015
Posts: 52
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
WILL THEY FINISH THE CURRENT ARC????????????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaggedAuthor



Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 976
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Sakaki wrote:
JaggedAuthor wrote:
Well, the writing's been on the wall ever since they skipped a bunch of chapters and rushed into the Shogun Assassination Arc. I hope we're not looking at another two-year hiatus. (At least we have a couple of OVAs to look forward to.)


See, I don't think they rushed into the arc as much as they already knew the show wasn't going to run more than a year this time around, and wanted to end things with a bang. This isn't 2006 where multi-cour shows were more common. In fact, Gintama running an entire year like this without a cour off is unusual now. It's one of my pet peeves in regard to anime nowadays, but what can you do when collectiblity is prioritized over story?


True, they probably knew from the get-go that they'd be limited to 51 (50?) episodes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 3444
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Disappointed at first, but then I remembered that the Manga is on it's last arc. So if they take a break, they can finish the show later, in maybe 1 or 2 more lots of episodes. And this will mean that on average the animation quality will remain high, I've noticed that after the Shogun Assassination arc, the quality started dropping.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
SnowyLightning44



Joined: 08 Feb 2016
Posts: 269
Location: UK
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Disappointed at first, but then I remembered that the Manga is on it's last arc. So if they take a break, they can finish the show later, in maybe 1 or 2 more lots of episodes. And this will mean that on average the animation quality will remain high, I've noticed that after the Shogun Assassination arc, the quality started dropping.


Yeah, I was sad as well until I remembered that I guess it's as good a point as ever to stop there for a bit and get the animation quality to it's previous standards so it will be better for later, I just hope this current arc ends on a high note animation wise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group