• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul Anime's 1st Video Previews New Main Character

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Wonderful, good to see some returning characters in this. Key visual looks neat too, can't wait~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:50 pm Reply with quote
But... the show already had a perfect main character, Favaro!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I really hope that a new MC and a 10year skip wont ruin it because season1 was really awesome
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Pretty epic trailer! Great,they have the same staff back on.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:22 pm Reply with quote
YEAH! So hyped for this! The original season was one of my favorite shows from 2014, so I have high hopes for this one. The trailer also looks awesome.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I am so pumped for this. Rage of Bahamut: Genesis was one of the best series of 2014, and really left a lasting impression, so I'm eager to see how they continue the story in this sequel.

And despite the fact that they've seemed to shift Favaro out of the spotlight, while keeping Kaisar in the spotlight, it looks like they're aiming to just make this world ever so slightly bigger through the introduction of a new lead character.

Absolutely cannot wait to find out when this will be airing, it totally makes up for the abrupt loss of the other series this coming season.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow... I lost hope after seeing it's a new story and director. My is interest is back.

Edit: OK, so now I see this isn't the one we've been hearing about. So is this coming out in spring or fall?
+ 光

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:32 am Reply with quote
Wasn't it Bones that mads Akagami no Shirayukihime, not Mappa?
Korogoro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:36 am Reply with quote
Shingeki No Bahamut is not exactly what I would call a masterpiece, but it was entertaining.
This looks good, I thought this new anime wouldn't include the old characters but glad to see Favaro is back... FAAAAAVAAAAAROOOOOOOOOH!!! (Such a memorable line), Ugh but please take that ugly bird away and give me more Rita.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:39 am Reply with quote
AW HELL YEAH! THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!

Rage of Bahamut Genesis was such an underrated anime from 2014, and I am SO glad to see that finally we have a second season (not that stupid spinoff).

Also, zombie girl's back! She was the best character!
Desa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:54 am Reply with quote
A certain someone is suspiciously absent from that poster.

Interesting that it's still called Rage of Bahamut seeing as how they totally sealed Bahamut last season, for realsies this time, probably.. Poor Bahamut-chan can't catch a break, no wonder he's raging to the MAX.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
I wonder if that red dragon in the trailer will be a major player too.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:34 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Wow... I lost hope after seeing it's a new story and director. My is interest is back.

Edit: OK, so now I see this isn't the one we've been hearing about. So is this coming out in spring or fall?

You're thinking of the Manaria Friends spinoff that was set to run as a 1/3-length series this spring, but was recently cancelled without explanation. Virgin Soul is the announced 2nd season from a while back. No word on when it'll air but my guess is Fall or Winter based on the timing of the PV
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:40 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
v1cious wrote:

You're thinking of the Manaria Friends spinoff that was set to run as a 1/3-length series this spring, but was recently cancelled without explanation. Virgin Soul is the announced 2nd season from a while back. No word on when it'll air but my guess is Fall or Winter based on the timing of the PV

I do wonder why it was cancelled. Oh well, at least this one isn't. In fact, I'm glad we don't have that piece of crap to sully the name of the good series. It seemed to be the generic high-school anime that A1 is usually known for. I don't want Asterisk Bahamut thank you very much.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:32 am Reply with quote
I hope they dont pull a GARO
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2