• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Giant Robot Takes The Stage at Nana Mizuki's Tokyo Dome Concerts

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:47 pm Reply with quote
"The "GALAXY-7" moved on the stage"

That's all I needed to know.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:27 pm Reply with quote
So we're almost to the point that our giant robots being able to walk? I never thought I would ever be using this macro again, but....

Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:14 pm Reply with quote
What an epic sight... Surprised Never before have I seen anyone perform a concert featuring a giant robot, let alone one of the Steampunk variety. Nana-san never ceases to find new ways of exciting the crowd with extraordinary feats.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:34 am Reply with quote
Humans have been deemed obsolete the robot uprising has begun. Shocked
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
She entered the dome in space pod, floated over the audience while suspended by giant balloons, and sang atop a UFO.

What a suspiciously extravagant array of gimmicks. Going by this information alone, I might be forgiven for assuming that Mizuki is perhaps not the greatest of singers by her own merits.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
0stiniatioze

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:26 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:

What a suspiciously extravagant array of gimmicks. Going by this information alone, I might be forgiven for assuming that Mizuki is perhaps not the greatest of singers by her own merits.

To be fair, a big part of a concert is the show, a mediocre singer (she might be great, never heard her sing), can put on a great concert, and a great singer can put on a shit concert.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:13 am Reply with quote
It's good, but it's no Eddie.
ssgOverlord

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:44 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:

Forgiven based on this alone, sure. But she has quite the voice on her, and one of the few I prefer live performances of. I'd say her enka-trained vibrato is particuarally of note. I throw on her Orchestral/Acoustic concerts quite often.

The theatrics were always a bit over the top in the bigger venues, but I'm curious how this will be topped in the future. I can't wait to see it on Blu-ray.
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
0stiniatioze wrote:
To be fair, a big part of a concert is the show, a mediocre singer (she might be great, never heard her sing), can put on a great concert, and a great singer can put on a shit concert.

Besides being a top voice actress, Nana Mizuki is a very capable singer of anime songs e.g. from her official Youtube Channel - Ai no Hoshi (Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Chapter 7: Soshite Kan wa Iku OP):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LuA8doPJJQ

or the "NANA MIZUKI LIVE THEATER -ACOUSTIC-" digest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSgR03XbzBk

I've only seen Nana Mizuki at Animelo Summer Live 2011, Akita and Aomori in 2012, Animelo Summer Live 2013, and fan club event at Nippon Budoukan April 2015, none of them the big spectacle concerts like the one in the article, and she has been more than capable at all of them.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
ssgOverlord wrote:
But she has quite the voice on her, and one of the few I prefer live performances of. I'd say her enka-trained vibrato is particularly of note.

Mea culpa. Perhaps in my years I have simply grown cynical of grand accessories.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1