• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trinity Seven, When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace Get English Dubs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Im not surpised whatsoever thise two will get a dub. Mostly shows they license afterwards get a dub lol. Actually looking forward to thise 2 dub releases.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
will have an English dubs.

Shouldn't it be "will have English dubs."?
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:39 pm Reply with quote
G S Palmer wrote:
Quote:

Does that even matter?
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Nice, looks like it's going to be a busy month!

I thought Trinity seven had a good chance of getting a dub. But I'm really surprised WSBBC is as well, that show definitely seemed like the usual Sentai subtitle only fodder. A bit conflicted about this tbh, in general Sentai dubs aren't great (imo) and sub only releases are cheaper (obviously). So you end up paying more for something you don't want or need. Sad

Still its good news for those who want an English dub.

Glad to see Punch Line in the release schedule, that show was a pretty fun watch.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I would have preferred Punchline getting dub over WSBBC since probably would have wider appeal than that
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:
A bit conflicted about this tbh, in general Sentai dubs aren't great (imo) and sub only releases are cheaper (obviously). So you end up paying more for something you don't want or need. Sad

But it's only like $10 more for dubbed shows. Most companies are still charging little extra for dubs. Be worried when companies smart up and start charging $25-30 extra for dubs.
WingKing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:54 pm Reply with quote
I love the way that poster art makes Chifuyu look like she's some kind of evil criminal mastermind or something. Very Happy
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely FANTASTIC news, was hoping both would get picked up and so excited that both are also getting dubbed so I'll gladly be buying both blurays! Thanks sentai Anime smile

Please, please, please Amagi Brillian Park dub/LE in September release slate, my most anticipated Sentai title and its been strongly hinted to getting both a dub and LE but the holdback time for the show is awful and I want to see it already Anime cry
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Chaos Wings wrote:
A bit conflicted about this tbh, in general Sentai dubs aren't great (imo) and sub only releases are cheaper (obviously). So you end up paying more for something you don't want or need. Sad

But it's only like $10 more for dubbed shows. Most companies are still charging little extra for dubs. Be worried when companies smart up and start charging $25-30 extra for dubs.
I suppose $10 isn't that bad, but paying extra for a Sentai dub? Usually I'm paying extra for something I'm not going to watch.

I mean they've put out a few good dubs recently and even at their worst they're not nearly as bad as they were in that period where they overworked themselves, decided an incest Light Novel adaptation needed to be more heavily localised than a Jazzy western inspired coming of age series and the majority of their dubs were more or less just a bunch of first takes from miscast badly directed actors reading off the subtitles. But boy, if Hanayamata wasn't a clunker then I don't know what is. I would have totally bought the series if the dub was at least half decent.
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
G S Palmer wrote:
Quote:

Does that even matter?

Just pointing out a grammar error. Nothing more, nothing less.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Its actually even cheaper. The dubbed sets are up on rightstuf for $45.49 and the sub only sets $38.99 for a difference in price of $6.50. If your a got anime member the difference is even cheaper as the dubbed sets are $41.99 while the sub only sets $35.99 for a difference of $6. The difference is essentially nothing and in that small difference both sides get their options, the blurays/dvd's are likely to sell more and you just brought in even more fans to enjoy anime X. I agree if it was an extra $25-$30 for a dubbed set fans who prefer subs would have more rights to complain but in my opinion the current Sentai pricing scheme is pocket change extra for an anime to be able to reach a wider audience and as someone who enjoys many of Sentai's dubs i'm glad it only costs a few more $ extra.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
G S Palmer wrote:
Quote:

Does that even matter?

No, but these kinds of little things irritate me. Wink
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Huh, surprised by this. Seen both, and neither seemed to me the type of anime that would get a dub.

Thinking back on the Answerman about physical media dying off...this could be a case where Sentai went with dubs so there'd be something new for fans of these shows? As, potentially, these dubs won't be available via legal streaming?
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:41 pm Reply with quote
[quote="SquadmemberRitsu"][quote="angelmcazares"][quote="Chaos Wings"]A bit

@ SquadmemberRitsu
Off topic but what anime is that girl from in your picture lol.
kamen_otaku81

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:46 pm Reply with quote
They're not dubbing Punchline? Sucks. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2