Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maho Matsunaga Retires From Voice Acting, Graduates from Idol Unit StylipS




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KH91



Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 6176
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
Very unfortunate to hear, but I wish her the best. Can't believe all the founding members are almost gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 4396
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:43 am Reply with quote
This makes me wonder if Toudou Erena will have any part of the Love Live! Sunshine. I'm guessing not, but I expected cameos. Replacing a character in an anime like that where voice is everything is kinda rough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13716
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:16 am Reply with quote
Seems she doesn't have the passion for voice-acting and only got the seiyuu work because she's on the idol unit (yet some people would probably claim she's preferable over a seasoned professional VA)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
omoikane



Joined: 03 Oct 2005
Posts: 406
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:08 am Reply with quote
This has been long time coming, there's some issue between her and Style Cube for the last couple years. Wonder if StylipS will actually go back to "normal" now...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ryu Shoji



Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 656
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
Such a shame, I was hoping A-RISE would have had a presence in Love Live! Sunshine and maybe even performed some new songs, considering that the movie spoiler[set the group up as going professional] and I actually prefer their music over a lot of μ's tracks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
CallumKeyblade



Joined: 30 Jul 2014
Posts: 529
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
This makes me wonder if Toudou Erena will have any part of the Love Live! Sunshine. I'm guessing not, but I expected cameos. Replacing a character in an anime like that where voice is everything is kinda rough.


If there was going to be cameos I would have thought it would be Honoka & Eli's sisters as they'd likely be around the same age as the Sunshine!! girls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jirg1901



Joined: 03 Jun 2014
Posts: 147
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
omoikane wrote:
This has been long time coming, there's some issue between her and Style Cube for the last couple years. Wonder if StylipS will actually go back to "normal" now...

Yeah not a surprise, she's been pretty absent already and pretty much all her commitments ended.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zoneflare



Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 472
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
Such a shame, I was hoping A-RISE would have had a presence in Love Live! Sunshine and maybe even performed some new songs, considering that the movie spoiler[set the group up as going professional] and I actually prefer their music over a lot of μ's tracks.


That would defeat the purpose of the series since its about school idols.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Oshawott



Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 6773
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
A bit sad that she's departing from StylipS, but I wish Ms. Matsunaga-san the best as a DJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
heavenwargod



Joined: 10 May 2010
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:19 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Seems she doesn't have the passion for voice-acting and only got the seiyuu work because she's on the idol unit (yet some people would probably claim she's preferable over a seasoned professional VA)

Because the unit was never a seller and the more prominent (ex-)members were more well-known individually (and as the YUIKAORI duo) than for the unit itself. I guess the patience runs out. Not trying to diss her but I do honestly think she and Noto stayed on for far longer than what most people expected.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Oshawott



Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 6773
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
heavenwargod wrote:
Not trying to diss her but I do honestly think she and Noto stayed on for far longer than what most people expected.

How did Maho and Mamiko's presence affect the outlook of StylipS?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group