• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Glitter Force Season 2 Premieres on Netflix on August 26

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiritualRemains

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Oh good, it's just the second half of Smile. For a second I was worried they grabbed Doki Doki.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
Oh good, it's just the second half of Smile. For a second I was worried they grabbed Doki Doki.

I would have FLIPPED OUT.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
DokiDoki is my least favorite Precure season and even that one I don't want to see ending up like Smile did... Smile happens to be my favorite though... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Yay!! this has me excited! The first season was really cute and really enjoyed it so looking forward to more of it! Anime smile
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Finally, lol. Though was it really necessary to wait 9-10 months for the 2nd half?

Yeah, I know, dubbing takes time and all that, but oh well...>.>

Either way, will enjoy regardless! \^^/
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:21 pm Reply with quote
It's like another Pretty Cure but with a different name.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
It's like another Pretty Cure but with a different name.

That's because it is, lol.

There was the very first one though, faithfully dubbed, with "Americanized" name changes. Still kept its name as Pretty Cure.
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:09 pm Reply with quote
SpiritualRemains wrote:

So that's why I was confused. Needs updating in that case. Season 2 will have 20 episodes as well? Any skipped episodes like the first seasons if so?
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. Sources say that eight whole episodes out of 48 are going to be cut for whatever stupid reasons, because OBVIOUSLY Saban has suuuuuuch an allergy to dark and foreign subjects and that things HAVE to be familiar to American kids or else it'll NEEEEVER be popular! (Sarcasm)

Blegh. I haven't seen Glitter Force, nor do I intend to. It really says something when the very first series had a more faithful dub than Smile. At least Blue Water Studios didn't change music or add pointless humor into everything!
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:26 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Blegh. I haven't seen Glitter Force, nor do I intend to. It really says something when the very first series had a more faithful dub than Smile. At least Blue Water Studios didn't change music or add pointless humor into everything!

It's not like it would have been their call anyway since it was Toei who paid for that dub. It's just a damn shame that they didn't have Max Heart dubbed, even after the first season aired in Australia & the UK.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Glitter Force needs to be trashed. I mean, come on. They aren't faithful to the series at all in my opinion. I hate the way they changed the names of thr characters so that the feminists wouldn't go after it. Also the title itself disgusts me. "GLITTER FORCE"...who thought that title was okay??
Hongqilim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
Glitter Force needs to be trashed. I mean, come on. They aren't faithful to the series at all in my opinion. I hate the way they changed the names of thr characters so that the feminists wouldn't go after it. Also the title itself disgusts me. "GLITTER FORCE"...who thought that title was okay??

I think they should start with Futari wa pretty cure and dub it uncut. The same goes for the rest especially smile precure.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:31 pm Reply with quote
@kiminobokuwa:
No, it does not, even though it doesn't matter to you, I'm enjoying "Glitter Force" no matter how cringe it gets, its enjoyable to me, and its dubbed well, most honestly.

@Hongqilim:
Technically, they did, hence I did say they did faithfully adapt the 1st Pretty Cure in English, mostly uncut, but changed most of the characters names from Japanese to English (Example...Nagisa/Honoka to Natale/Hannah and majority of the "human" characters).

Although, Mipple/Mepple, the villains of the Dark Zone, and even the cure names of Cure Black and Cure White are even left in. (Except that Marble Screw renamed Marble Twister, for obvious reasons.)
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
@kiminobokuwa:
No, it does not, even though it doesn't matter to you, I'm enjoying "Glitter Force" no matter how cringe it gets, its enjoyable to me, and its dubbed well, most honestly.

@Hongqilim:
Technically, they did, hence I did say they did faithfully adapt the 1st Pretty Cure in English, mostly uncut, but changed most of the characters names from Japanese to English (Example...Nagisa/Honoka to Natale/Hannah and majority of the "human" characters).

Although, Mipple/Mepple, the villains of the Dark Zone, and even the cure names of Cure Black and Cure White are even left in. (Except that Marble Screw renamed Marble Twister, for obvious reasons.)

I can admit it is probably a guilty pleasure. I don't hate the series as a whole I just hate how they changed some of the factors to make it appeal to Americans. It could've stayed the same but have a good appeal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3