• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'In This Corner of the World' Historical Film's 1st Full Trailer Reveals Cast, Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Goodness, I was already sucked in, just by the trailer... I'll save today's income for a BD copy of this Laughing
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:48 am Reply with quote
I suppose with Black Lagoon he doesn't really fit into the Ghibli spirit, but Katabuchi's movies are about as Ghibli as it gets without an actual totoro logo.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:34 am Reply with quote
This looks really good, these Ghiblii-ish films are mostly better than the real Ghibli film.
Is the first Anime to be crowdfunded in Japan?
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:09 pm Reply with quote
This promises to be a truly beautiful film. The backgrounds have hints of the impressionistic quality that I love, which I think is a better use of animation than striving for photorealism, yet I recall from a panel at Otakon that the staff have tended to the details of the time and place with great care. I'm very pleased that this has been made and hope that it's as good as it deserves to be.

I also love that it's by the same director as the crass and violent, but (thus?) awesome Black Lagoon. Something about that contrast heightens both. (He also directed that USA Network Street Fighter cartoon from the nineties, but whatever, man)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1