• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, September 19-25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:46 pm Reply with quote
UTAWARERUMONO DOMINATION! Congrats to Utawarerumono on shipping 130k in its first day, and also outselling its predecessor in just 5 days more than it did in a year. Great news for the series.

P5 is just short of 400k physical this week. I'd like for it to get as close to 500k before including digital sales.

The PS4 has finally outsold the Wii U to become the #1 home console worldwide. Congrats to Sony. After the goof that was the PS3, it is good to see them correct their mistake and succeed like the PS1 and PS2. Nice that it ended up being 1 week earlier than I predicted.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Awesome that Persona 5 is still within the Top 3! Smile The hype for it has a bit of energy left before it cools down.
Derpinat0r

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see utawarerumono selling so well on its last game. the anime seemingly did well to boost the series. i really hope we get a 3rd season out of this i'd love to see it happen!
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Nice for Utawarerumono.

In other, Ding Dong P5 Hype is cooling down.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
UTAWARERUMONO DOMINATION! Congrats to Utawarerumono on shipping 130k in its first day, and also outselling its predecessor in just 5 days more than it did in a year. Great news for the series.

P5 is just short of 400k physical this week. I'd like for it to get as close to 500k before including digital sales.

The PS4 has finally outsold the Wii U to become the #1 home console worldwide. Congrats to Sony. After the goof that was the PS3, it is good to see them correct their mistake and succeed like the PS1 and PS2. Nice that it ended up being 1 week earlier than I predicted.

Im pretty sure that despite the start, the ps3 sold a similar amount to the xbox 360, in the 80 million range, which was about 20 million behind the wii , which then you have to factor in the wii being half the price of the ps3, and 200 less than the 360; and all in all all 3 consoles did decently. The ps3 was by no means a goof, while the least successful sony console it was still pretty solid seller.

For comparison the original xbox sold a little over 24 million units, the Wii U still hasn't topped 15 million, and the Atari Jaguar sold under 260,000.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:56 pm Reply with quote
^ And there lies the problem with your comment. It is unrelated to what I said therefore you cannot see the goof. You're repeating basic info that I already know. There is no ignorance behind my statement. I said it for a reason. Laughing
LegitSnivy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:43 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
^ And there lies the problem with your comment. It is unrelated to what I said therefore you cannot see the goof. You're repeating basic info that I already know. There is no ignorance behind my statement. I said it for a reason. Laughing

He's telling you this because of your statement referring to the PS3 ending up as a 'goof'.
Instead of antagonizing him on how he's repeating 'basic info' (Which, is actually credible, given he came out with a stronger argument than you.), let him know what the point of your statement was.
Zimba

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:21 am Reply with quote
Glad to see it's doing great!
Zimba

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:22 am Reply with quote
I mean Utawarerumono. Also, I see P5 is already out in Japan? I forgot about that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1