• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross Delta's 2nd Walküre Album Ranks #3 With 55,743 Copies

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:07 am Reply with quote
Honestly the songs in the second half were mostly forgettable, none that came remotely close to how good Ikenai Borderline is. Unless the album includes a Mikumo solo version of Giraffe Blues -or some new song that didn't make it to the anime-, I don't think it has anything that's really worth getting.
Muffum

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:22 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Unless the album includes a Mikumo solo version of Giraffe Blues -or some new song that didn't make it to the anime-, I don't think it has anything that's really worth getting.

It includes a Walkure cover of Do You Remember Love. IIRC, the closest the show got to playing that was an instrumental version of Do You Remember Love in episode 25.

And a Mikumo solo version of Giraffe Blues is on the single for the second OP/ED, if that's what you're looking for.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
^Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. I wasn't a fan of the second OP/ED, so I didn't bother keeping track of the single.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Might've sold better if the anime didn't lose its mind. Some of the songs are nice, though my feelings are muddied by how much the show fell in that 2nd half.
vision33r

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:33 pm Reply with quote
2nd Album is more of a character song album similar to other anime. There are more songs that focus on individual performance. I think it's just as good as the 1st album for fans, the songs are more mature and diverse than the 1st album.

"God Bless you" is a pretty good song that very few anime have such good slow song. The 1st track sang by Makina is pretty nice and cute.

This is the best song of the album "風は予告なく吹く" sang by Freyja. I am hoping for a Mikumo solo version soon.

The ending song with just Mikumo solo is actually pretty good.

Non-fans may say the songs are not as catchy as the 1st album and that's fine. 2nd Album dedicated to fans who want more variety.

I like most of the songs since they offer a good break from listening to the 1st album.
GarethXL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm a fan of the franchise but have to say that delta is one of the biggest stinkers the franchise ever churn out.

Besides the first ending and kaname insert song the rest of the songs are really bland and uninspiring and the storyline and script for the show is lazy at best.

My judgments might be influence by my disdain for regurgitated pop music but at least F music was catchy enough to listen to.

Though in retrospect, if macross is used to present the condition of the j-pop industry of the time this is produced I guess it's a good indicator how a shitty decade the j-pop industry (or the pop industry as a whole) is at the time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1