• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Fall 2016 Anime Roundup

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations!

(I know you folks don't like one-word posts, but I can't really think of a better occasion to break that rule. Very Happy )
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I just want all the podcast listeners to see what the livestream chat participants were shown in the video player for the entire duration of the show:

(also some YurI! On Ice!! gif I didn't recognize, so maybe someone else can post that one)

So, yeah, there's something to look forward to when ANNCast becomes a live show on YouTube or whatever.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Damned if I don't laugh at Keijo!!!!!!!!'s shtick everytime. Especially Asstronomy. I'm enjoying it way too much to say it is so-bad-it's-good. So absurd it's good maybe.

Kinda surprised that Girlish Number is Zac's favorite so far. I mean it's a great show, but I wouldn't say it is the best one this season. Not to say that it isn't reasonable to do so. Oregairu's second season was one of my AOTY for last year, so maybe Girlish Number will be there too. Wednesdays are packed af this season

Edit: I remember when Funi would just not tell us when they would stream a show they licensed and release it whenever. Most egregious was when they didn't stream Barakamon until four weeks into the season.

Last edited by zrnzle500 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Geez, get a room, you two! There are people who are still SINGLE listening to this podcast! THINK ABOUT OUR FEELINGS! Laughing

Seriously though, I'm really happy for you guys! CONGRATULATIONS Very Happy

Now, on to the rest of the podcast!
brankoburcksen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Congrats on your hitch.

I am really looking forward to seeing you guys on Youtube. It has been a long time coming.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Keijo puts you right in the middle of the action"

Quote:
"this is boob action comedy"

Somebody at Funimation better be writing these down; they'll want to slap them somewhere on the packaging of their Bluray release.

Also, nice observation about Flip Flappers vs Rolling Girls. I can't remember the last time I was so let down by a show's failure to meet its own potential, and a lot of that could be attributed to the director's near-constant inability to let the visual elements speak for themselves.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for another hour of amusement! It will be interesting to see how a video format will be able to accommodate guests, though numerous options exist to such an end.

After my chosen series floundered in the polls, I have decided to keep afloat with Flip Flappers. Whilst the fairytale references may have eluded me, its contextual freedom and correspondingly striking colour designs are sufficiently promising to safeguard against any magical girl genre trappings, or at the very least, to offset them. Whatsoever the show may wish to convey through its lively adventures, it will not be in want of any flair in its means of expressing as much. I do look forward to the daily streaming reviews.

On a personal note, I wish to say once again how happy I am about your wedding. Last weekend's photographs evoked a few tears that I take no hesitation in admitting, along with plentiful smiles and laughter.

In no uncertain terms, you two are the very best. Congratulations!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I agree that this is shaping up like a pretty good anime season. My top three shows are:

Sound! Euphonium 2 is up to a nice start, and I want to learn more about the characters. March Comes in Like a Lion blew me away, and it reminds me of Your Lie in April. I am enjoying the visuals and energy in Yuri!!! on Ice, but I hope the wring gets better. And thanks for clarifying Crunchyroll's inaccurate translation.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, Zac, but I'm going to have to side against you on this. Keijo is most definitely a sports anime. It doesn't really count that it's not a real sport because the anime ticks off all the sports anime tropes. If it looks like a sports show, feels like a sports show and walks like a sports show, it must be a sports show.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:15 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Sorry, Zac, but I'm going to have to side against you on this. Keijo is most definitely a sports anime. It doesn't really count that it's not a real sport because the anime ticks off all the sports anime tropes. If it looks like a sports show, feels like a sports show and walks like a sports show, it must be a sports show.

Agree 100%. Its a sports anime.
Even if is a sport that don't exist in reality, is still a sport and Keijo!!!!!!!! have all the troupes find in any sport anime.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to Zac and Jacob.

Also, didn't we see something similar in Sakamoto desu ga? when Sakamoto was facing 8823 and a cop passed by?
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I will say it's been a very diverse season as far shows I thought the point about Occultic;Nine being like Serial Experiments Lain or Texhnolyze from a design and art standpoint was interesting but yes that first is really hard to follow and Ryoka Narusawa's character design is distracting.

Flip Flappers looks to be something that will be deeply loved but may not sell well. I like Keijo and I do think it is a sports Anime, I also enjoyed Drifters episode two was much better Shimazu Toyohisa feels more relatable and less like a self-insert power fantasy than Alucard did in Hellsing. Sorry to hear Zac didn't like Classicaloid I enjoyed but that's mostly because I'm a fan of the director
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:59 pm Reply with quote
That little "It's great...I love you." "I love you too." at the beginning made me go "D'aww." out loud. Congratulations!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
Drifters looks to be the only show this season that I can bear watching, and it's not clear yet if it's going to be any good or not, but at least it seems campy. I tried watching the first episode of Classicaloid, and found the storytelling to be grating, particularly Mozart's character (whenever teenagers/young adults are portrayed as "cute" or "childish", I want to gag). Otherwise spoken it's a pretty dead season for me, and hopefully things look better come the Winter.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:32 am Reply with quote
From some research that I've done... yeah, that's the ticket... Keijo!!!!!!!! evidently has a character whose special attack involves using her breasts as drills somehow.

So look forward to that.

I like Sayo Yamamoto muchly, so I'm keenly interested in Yuri!!! on Ice

There are too many damned exclamation points this season.

I would like a women's ice hockey show. It could re-use Yuri!!! on Ice's title.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2