• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yari no Yūsha no Yarinaoshi Spinoff Story Gets Print Novels, Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:39 am Reply with quote
Isn't the whole spin-off kind of a spoiler. On that note, was it really that popular to begin with?
Bisuketto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quote
Yea it kinda is spoilerish - spoiler[The events kinda happen right before and during the final battle with the bitch goddess at the end of Shield Hero (at least in the web novel, which the light novel has yet to get to). The events of the Spear Hero story are during the part where the spear hero is "stuck" in his own mini-verse after the bitch goddess trounces all the heroes the first time they meet. The Spear Hero uses his knowledge of the prior events to "help" him which sometimes causes the time loop to start anyways (some are hilarious while others are disastrous)].

As to the popularity, I do not recall it being as big as the main story but it was doing pretty well last I looked.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
well, chapters wise is about as big isf nto bigger than the main story; but, comedy spin off ? from the summaries it's a pretty nice "what if" that takes advantage of lots of possible loose ends to explore what would happen; like what would happen if a minor character who is jailed before the events gets jail broken because brotoyasu knows she can be useful later down the road.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1