• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Newtype Magazine's February Issue Gets 2nd Printing

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:58 am Reply with quote
I guess the combo Fate+Yuri on Ice+Touken Ranbu was too much even for Kadokawa, huh Laughing
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
If I could, I would get this issue just for the Fate cover. Really good art there (not to mention I'm a big Fate fan myself Laughing )

I really wish that Newtype still published here in the States. I have all the copies I purchased back when they did.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Kadokawa stated that the possible reasons that the February issue sold well include a 20-page feature on upcoming 2017 anime based on Type-Moon's Fate franchise, The Five Star Stories manga, and pin-ups of Yuri!!! on Ice and ufotable's upcoming Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu anime.

Nah, ya think? Laughing
kotelo_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 pm Reply with quote
If only ANN weren't a Fate hating site they would somehow capitalize on its success and write more stuff about it. Sad.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:47 pm Reply with quote
The movies are still in production limbo, the Apocrypha and Last Encore pages don't have any new info, Tsukihime and Mahoyo are as dead as ever, the other properties are literal lols, and somehow I doubt "Fate/Grand Order Repeats Event" would make for an interesting article.

A First Order review (C for Caster Cu, no doubt) or an Extella review would be cool, though.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:11 pm Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
If only ANN weren't a Fate hating site they would somehow capitalize on its success and write more stuff about it. Sad.

If you really think it's a problem that needs to be fixed, then here you go.
reanimator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:42 pm Reply with quote
SaitoHajime101 wrote:
If I could, I would get this issue just for the Fate cover. Really good art there (not to mention I'm a big Fate fan myself Laughing )

I really wish that Newtype still published here in the States. I have all the copies I purchased back when they did.

English Newtype did great job hyping newly licensed anime titles with pretty cover and spreads just like Japanese counterpart. However I don't feel nostalgic as it's just full of fluffs and no substance.

Actually I want to get rid of my Japanese Newtype magazines because I have no use for trinkets and I realized long ago that their articles aren't all that great as I started to read Japanese. Plus their "quality" articles are sporadic and not worth remembering. And they eventually take up space and need to be tossed out.

People gobble up whatever JP anime magazines when they hype up super popular anime with pretty cover and freebies. However, they eventually get rid of the magazines as they go through changes in their life.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1