• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Owarimonogatari Anime Adapts 3rd Novel Volume in Summer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Cool news!

The trailer looked exciting and key visual is impressive. Always happy to see more Monogatari being adapted especially Owarimonogatari. Summer doesn't look far away either.

I haven't read too far into the novels so I'm pretty curious to see this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Can we just take a moment to acknowledge how adorable Senjougahara looks with braided hair? I mean, seriously.
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Let's goooooo!!! F*cking hype!!! Hope this series never ends. Maybe we'll finally figure out Ougi's gender lol.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:00 pm Reply with quote
What?! Yaas!

MischievousMelody wrote:
Can we just take a moment to acknowledge how adorable Senjougahara looks with braided hair? I mean, seriously.

Always preferred her with short hair myself, but then again prefer women with shorter hair in general.

jaykayjk10 wrote:
Maybe we'll finally figure out Ougi's gender lol.

I'm not sure if there is a singular answer other than "Indeterminate"
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so we have one season of Owari left. And then we have Zoku and that's supposed to be the end of the main series, right?

I really hope SHAFT isn't over-extending themselves. They have so many projects right now... Confused
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:24 pm Reply with quote
^They have this, which they are almost certainly working on now. They might still be working on the Fireworks film (not sure about their lead time). Zaregoto is still going. Not sure when they will start up with March's second season, but if their lead is like three months they might not overlap too much. Fate:Shaft is like a year out, so they are probably in the very early goings.

So probably like 1 TV series, 1 movie and 1 OVA, the latter two of which are probably a good amount of the way done already. Doesn't seem too bad. Considering that they had the same number and types of works going last fall to now (March, Kizu III, Zaregoto), I think they can handle it.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:36 pm Reply with quote
^If they expect this to be ready for Summer it should definitely be in production right now. The animation process for a one cour show should be at least 8 months. So March should also be in production already as well as anything else they plan to have out this year. If March 2 is 2 cour, it has probably been in production since late last year. But this is me hoping that they are on top of their schedules. When I heard they were going to do more March so soon, I was already worried. Fate+Zaregoto+March+Fireworks is a lot for a studio that size. But throwing Owari on there.. wow. I guess they were able to get enough animators and producers somehow. I'm happy, but a little worried is all.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:04 am Reply with quote
Zaregoto ends early summer and Fireworks premieres mid August, so for Owari, they should have staff freed up right when they would most need them. They weren't the ones that finished a movie the day of the premiere right?

Edit: It was them! but just the week that it was screening not the day. Not much better though.
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:21 am Reply with quote
[expletive] FINALLY
the hype hasn't been higher. no idea where you go from Koyomimonogatari
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:46 am Reply with quote
Animorphimagi wrote:
[expletive] FINALLY

To hell apparantly xP

Man the hype I can't wait for all the talking head tilting and other Shaft things xD
I need to see the final confrontation with Ougi!
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:46 am Reply with quote
Animorphimagi wrote:
[expletive] FINALLY

To hell apparantly xP

Man the hype I can't wait for all the talking head tilting and other Shaft things xD
I need to see the final confrontation with Ougi!
Kreion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:01 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Zaregoto ends early summer and Fireworks premieres mid August, so for Owari, they should have staff freed up right when they would most need them. They weren't the ones that finished a movie the day of the premiere right?

Edit: It was them! but just the week that it was screening not the day. Not much better though.

It's bad but not unheard of - even in Hollywood movies are typically only 'done' way closer to release date than you would think.

I don't think Shaft has too much on its plate right now but I hope they do a better job at focusing their staff - Owari felt messy to me and it felt like Kizu was splitting the team. In comparison 3-gatsu was very well animated and directed so they definitely can do it when they aren't just painting by numbers.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:41 am Reply with quote
Good to know they managed to squeeze this in between Zaregoto and March Comes in Like a Lion S2. Will it really take an entire season just to adapt the third Owarimonogatari novel, though? Or could it be a shorter season?
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 am Reply with quote
Well, that was unexpected! Monogatari series is fun for their taliking head alone, but with Shaft, it make even more fun. Looking forward for it.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:19 am Reply with quote
I hope this is the last anime adaptation of Monogatari and that it wraps up things nicely. Don't give me wrong, I really like this franchise, but the story is long enough. Also, I rather not keep spending money on those pricey AoA sets.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2