Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, April 24-30




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pierrot.



Joined: 17 Nov 2015
Posts: 571
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:28 pm Reply with quote
BnHA missing out on top ten again even with a low threshold? Now that's not good at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Oshawott



Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 6773
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Very slow week, but at least Pokémon Sun & Moon is enjoying the downtime by maintaining its place in the chart. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thorfinn



Joined: 14 Dec 2016
Posts: 607
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
BnHA missing out on top ten again even with a low threshold? Now that's not good at all.

Still going to get another season regardless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FrozenMoon



Joined: 04 Dec 2016
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:33 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:
BnHA missing out on top ten again even with a low threshold? Now that's not good at all.

Still going to get another season regardless.


I really hope it's going to get another season, I'm honestly a little worried right now. As a big fan of the series I'm very surprised to see it missing from this list for so many weeks. I'm hoping that the series is in general doing at least moderately well for it's self.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thorfinn



Joined: 14 Dec 2016
Posts: 607
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:11 am Reply with quote
FrozenMoon wrote:

I really hope it's going to get another season, I'm honestly a little worried right now. As a big fan of the series I'm very surprised to see it missing from this list for so many weeks. I'm hoping that the series is in general doing at least moderately well for it's self.


S1 never ranked and it got another season(it did air on a different block though). Bnha is Jump's hot property right now (at least battle shounen wise) and Bones have fully invested themselves in this series. Bnha has a bunch of games, it's getting a lot of promotion in all kinds of ways and fields. Shuiesha are going all out with this. If Belzebub, Toriko, Naruto, Bleach, HxH, Gintama, etc. managed to get long adaptations I'm sure this can get multiple seasons as well. The approach is just different now, seasonal anime is the norm over uneccesarily long filler filled continuously running adaptations.

Black Clover is next on the promotion line amongst new titles and the anime for it is only going to come out either later this year or next year.

Out of the new successful manga from Jump, The Promised Neverland and Kimetsu no Yaiba are the next things Jump will focus on, as they're both growing a lot in Japan right now. They freaking set up ads in Shinjuku Station recently for these 2, that's never happened before, they will also get anime adaptations for sure. Yuuna also seems to be getting popular and because of the type of series it is it will likely get animated along with Kimetsu and Neverland.

Bnha is a flagship series that Jump can rely on, it sells extremely well, it's one of the faces of the magazine right now, along with OP, Haikyuu. So far, it's never been outside of the top 5 in the TOC, so the fans still love it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pierrot.



Joined: 17 Nov 2015
Posts: 571
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:50 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:
BnHA missing out on top ten again even with a low threshold? Now that's not good at all.

Still going to get another season regardless.

Sure but it will be airing in latenight slot because I'm sure yTv pull out of the production committee like MBS did due to the unimpressive ratings.

Thorfinn wrote:
S1 never ranked and it got another season(it did air on a different block though). Bnha is Jump's hot property right now (at least battle shounen wise) and Bones have fully invested themselves in this series. Bnha has a bunch of games, it's getting a lot of promotion in all kinds of ways and fields. Shuiesha are going all out with this. If Belzebub, Toriko, Naruto, Bleach, HxH, Gintama, etc. managed to get long adaptations I'm sure this can get multiple seasons as well. The approach is just different now, seasonal anime is the norm over uneccesarily long filler filled continuously running adaptations.

Actually it airs in a different network because MBS pulled out of the production committee. It got another season not because it had great sales or TV ratings but because Bones had already started working on S2 when season 1 was airing which is why they're so ahead of the schedule right now. The games you talk about didn't really sell much. Also majority of those Shonen titles listed (Beelzebub got cancelled because of poor ratings) managed to get long running adaptations because they were huge hits both domestically and internationally (Great TV ratings, BD/DVD sales, Merchandise, Video games, Toys, Overseas licensing etc). You should be comparing BnHA with something like Kuroko no basket or Haikyuu!! and not with those established franchises.

Quote:
Black Clover is next on the promotion line amongst new titles and the anime for it is only going to come out either later this year or next year

Black Clover is most likely going to be a long running adaptation like world trigger which is a smart move I guess since I don't think it's good enough to sell BDs.

Quote:
Out of the new successful manga from Jump, The Promised Neverland and Kimetsu no Yaiba are the next things Jump will focus on, as they're both growing a lot in Japan right now. They freaking set up ads in Shinjuku Station recently for these 2, that's never happened before, they will also get anime adaptations for sure. Yuuna also seems to be getting popular and because of the type of series it is it will likely get animated along with Kimetsu and Neverland.

Actually it has. Just google Shinjuku manga ads to see the other manga titles getting some ads there.

Quote:
Bnha is a flagship series that Jump can rely on, it sells extremely well, it's one of the faces of the magazine right now, along with OP, Haikyuu. So far, it's never been outside of the top 5 in the TOC, so the fans still love it.

That's true but I don't think the ytv producers or Toho give a damn about the manga sales because they don't get any of the profit from it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thorfinn



Joined: 14 Dec 2016
Posts: 607
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:56 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:

...
Actually it has. Just google Shinjuku manga ads to see the other manga titles getting some ads there.


I guess I should've been more specific, it's never happened for such new titles so quickly. Kuroko had an anime already and Haikyuu had an anime announced. Neverland And KnY don't even have anime announcements yet. I also remember Haikyuu getting a huge ad on a building or something.

I'm actually super curious if Black Clover will end up replacing Boruto from its timeslot next Spring and get 50 episodes or if it will get the Haikyuu, Kuroko, Bnha treatment. The initial announcement for Black Clover was screwed up by the western side, saying it would come out in 2017, but it looks like that was made up by the western WSJ side.

I guess Bnha really is being treated the same way as Haikyuu and Kuroko, which is optimal way, imo and I'd say Kuroko and Haikyuu are established franchises as well, they are among the best selling manga ever and Haikyuu will continue to sell and grow, the same will happen for Bnha. And I wasn't comparing Bnha to Belzebub, Toriko, Naruto, Bleach, HxH, Gintama, etc. , I was giving some examples of series that got long anime, when those started getting animated, they weren't the huge hits they are today.

I guess all we can do is wait for season 3 to get announced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Яeverse



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Posts: 948
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:47 am Reply with quote
I dont know what reality people are in in which an s3 is apparently guaranteed? Based on performances like previously anime that aired at this time (time bokan) i think theyd be bettee going with more anime like that over additional seasons of hero aca.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thorfinn



Joined: 14 Dec 2016
Posts: 607
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:00 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
I dont know what reality people are in in which an s3 is apparently guaranteed? Based on performances like previously anime that aired at this time (time bokan) i think theyd be bettee going with more anime like that over additional seasons of hero aca.

No one here said that a season 3 is guaranteed. I get it, you don't really like the series, but hundreds of thousands do. And if it gets a season 3, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to air on this time block again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
valoon



Joined: 01 Apr 2015
Posts: 165
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:09 am Reply with quote
No Rinne? Sad That is concerning....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ushio



Joined: 31 Jul 2005
Posts: 548
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 am Reply with quote
Well BnHA is losing it's current timeslot after this season you don't waste such a good timeslot like this.

I think part of the problem is that Detective Conan has a lot of older fans so shows like Hunter x Hunter (due to it's age) and Uchū Kyōdai fit better than shows just targeting the younger audience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thorfinn



Joined: 14 Dec 2016
Posts: 607
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:14 am Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
you don't waste such a good timeslot like this.


I don't know, stuff like Ace Attorney, Denpa Kyoushi (TV) also aired on this timeslot and those were horrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggie_Saiyan



Joined: 10 Jul 2016
Posts: 152
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:59 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Very slow week, but at least Pokémon Sun & Moon is enjoying the downtime by maintaining its place in the chart. Smile

Been watching it finally now it has been airing on TV, it is really fun! I figured Alola region would make for a fun anime adaptation. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group