• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA Lists Digital Releases For George Asakura's Drowning Love, Robico's Our Precious

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Kodansha really seem to be going all out with their digital releases, I wonder what caused this, since they seem to be afraid to release anything not in their comfort zone digitally or in print.

Both of these look good.
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:10 pm Reply with quote
More digital releases are always good, in my opinion. Since they're so cheap people are more likely to support the series legally. That's what I'm doing with Vanitas no Carte. Now if only Kodansha can properly translate their titles...

Has anyone noticed how Neo Kiseijuu has been listed on Amazon under the title Neo Parasyte m? Did I miss the announcement where Kodansha licensed that? I know they already licensed the one drawn by shoujo manga artists, but not the other one.
Wiesteria

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
More digital releases are always good, in my opinion. Since they're so cheap people are more likely to support the series legally.

I wish. All of their stuff are at print prices for me. I'd be way more inclined to buy their ebooks if they weren't almost 10 bucks per volume. Instead, I'm just praying some of their digital releases will get printed in the future.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Viz's Shonen Jump is cheap. Kodansha's digital pricing rivals print pricing in comparison. But it must be working for them, because they keep releasing titles this way--most likely titles that wouldn't get any kind of release at all if it weren't for the digital option. So I'm not complaining! I'm really excited about all the seinen and josei they've released lately-Wave, Listen to Me!, Tokyo Tarareba Girls, The Full Time Wife Escapist, etc. It's good stuff!
ptj_tsubasa

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:25 am Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Now if only Kodansha can properly translate their titles...

So you'd rather have nonsensical Engrish titles like "An Important Conversation Between Me and You", "The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays", "Regarding Reincarnating as Slime" or "The Testament of Sister New Devil"?

Or is there some reason you're always complaining about this in Kodansha-related threads but not, for example, Seven Seas ones?
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:23 am Reply with quote
I'm pulling for Our Precious Conversations to get a print run. Really want it on my shelf next to My Little Monster. I'll wait and hope...
Bonham

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Viz's Shonen Jump is cheap. Kodansha's digital pricing rivals print pricing in comparison. But it must be working for them, because they keep releasing titles this way--most likely titles that wouldn't get any kind of release at all if it weren't for the digital option. So I'm not complaining! I'm really excited about all the seinen and josei they've released lately-Wave, Listen to Me!, Tokyo Tarareba Girls, The Full Time Wife Escapist, etc. It's good stuff!

Along with All-Rounder Meguru and finishing up Nodame Cantabile! A physical copy would be good, but beggars can't be choosers. Happy to see more stuff like this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1