• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Art of the Samurai [Rurouni Kenshin]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bibbulmun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:05 am Reply with quote
Sir,

Your samurai ideals are not lost among all Modern Americans. As a child I once reveled in the Anime series Ruroni Kenshin. But not until Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal, did I fall in Love with the Battosai.

As an adult I have recently renewed my love for animes where I had to finish a series via manga. I then picked up a new manga series; too futuristic and magical although I did relate to the characters.

I was in the book store when I decided if I cannot read Trust and Betrayal on YouTube in Japanese I will read the manga. Though I found the volumes in the manga I coudln't help but notice Kenshin began staring at me, enticing me to pick up Volume 1.

So here I am, as a traditional 25 year old who has never blogged and rarely uses Facebook other than for family overseas.

Even though I have recently picked up my pencil again (proior to your manga), your unbevievable artwork has inspired me to reach out.

The stunts of Kenshin throughout Volume 1 and the beginnings of Volume 2 has surpassed the TV show (though I do still hold Trust and Betrayal to my heart).

Sanosuke has only just been defeated (how inspired I feel to reach out to such an exquisite artist).

The Way of the Samurai by Tsunetomo Yamamoto is being transcribed to my future generations as I deem valuable in terms of my morals (also purchased prior to your manga).

The historical facts behind your characters in Rurouni Kenshin are fascinating. The bloodshed assumed to be spilled is vicous until the next drawing shows no blood nor ripped clothing (interesting). The hair which is finally in a freeze frame is inspiring me and encouraging me to detail the hair I draw.

The Dreams of a Samurai are not lost on all.

If anyone has other manga similiar to old Japan I would love to hear about them; especially those including samurai.

I am also interested in places to watch subbed Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal (if it is legal).
brucekenway

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Kenshin is just concluded in one word: awesome.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
best retro handheld emulator|best handheld gaming console|best handheld PC

Last edited by brucekenway on Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:46 am; edited 8 times in total
izukisan

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:55 am Reply with quote
kenshin is great manga Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1