• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic! Light Novel Author, Illustrator to Attend Anime Expo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXInfinite026Xx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote
What a surprise! We may finally get something of substance presented for this anime if Shouji Gatou is showing up, along with a possible new air date since the fall 2017 TV slot has been removed from the websites. Honestly I though news would come slow until the next Fantasia Bunko event in late October. Count me surprised and excited!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:07 pm Reply with quote
So are Sentai licensing this? or will I have to watch it subbed? I really liked the ADV dub cast.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:30 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
So are Sentai licensing this? or will I have to watch it subbed? I really liked the ADV dub cast.
most of ADV's old actors work at Funimation too though.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:00 am Reply with quote
The thing that sucks is that if a fan asks the creator what the reason is cancelling the fall premiere date or if he knows when in 2018 it might appear, he can't say. Thus, I don't see it as a good idea of bringing him to AX.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:20 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

I LOVE this dub. Hopefully we can get the original cast back for a reunion. Years have passed and careers have changed, but damn, I hope so!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:09 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
And practically all of them, everyone but Vic, work at the companies successor. It would be just nice to have peace of mind on the cast is all.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
theNightster wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
And practically all of them, everyone but Vic, work at the companies successor. It would be just nice to have peace of mind on the cast is all.

Vic still occasionally works at Sentai, though mostly in smaller parts and certainly not as often as he did in the past. Lucy Christian and Chris Patton work at both, though Chris has moved, so a simuldub may not be possible for him to do. Hilary Haag has only ever done one role at Funimation, and it was several years ago now. She only works at Sentai now.

But worrying about the dub cast is a bit premature right now. We don't even have an air date, let alone a North American license. I'm sure that either Sentai or Funimation would do their best to get as much of the cast back as possible, but it's quite likely in either case, that there could be one or two recasts (particularly if a simulcast dub is in the cards.)
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:51 am Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Vic still occasionally works at Sentai, though mostly in smaller parts and certainly not as often as he did in the past. Lucy Christian and Chris Patton work at both, though Chris has moved, so a simuldub may not be possible for him to do. Hilary Haag has only ever done one role at Funimation, and it was several years ago now. She only works at Sentai now.

But worrying about the dub cast is a bit premature right now. We don't even have an air date, let alone a North American license. I'm sure that either Sentai or Funimation would do their best to get as much of the cast back as possible, but it's quite likely in either case, that there could be one or two recasts (particularly if a simulcast dub is in the cards.)
If it was Funimation and they had as many people back and didn't release it as a simuldub, then it would be great, I just feel that the odds would be better in Sentais court for this one, especially since they pick up less titles they would be able to take it slow with FMP.

I didn't know Vic had ever done anything with Sentai, not even background characters. Which shows has he done?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:56 am Reply with quote
@MarshalBanana

Off hand, he was in Coicent. Recently, he was cast in the Utawarerumono OVA's and The False Faces sequel, as well as Himouto! Umaru-chan.

There may be more that I'm unaware of. He's been much noticeably less active in Texas dubs since his move to LA.

Edit: I forgot about Dream Eater Merry. He was also in Persona 4, though Sentai outsourced that dub to Bang Zoom.
SAndrews_26

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:00 pm Reply with quote
There is a video on Youtube at the Anime Expo 2017 with Funimation hosting the Author and the Illustrator, for the new Upcoming Full Metal Panic. I would assume since they previously purchased the rights from ADV that they will be continuing the Franchise.

[/url]https://www.otakupress.pe/2017/07/anime-expo-2017-full-metal-panic-anime-victory-spoilers.html[url][/url]
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Is this panel likely to draw a large crowd? I'm flying over this year, so something like this may act as a useful point of social coordination.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1