• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Prince Poro's Diaries Manga Ends on Monday in Shonen Jump

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:58 am Reply with quote
Axe-San is a cruel unforgiving one, oh well Neutral . Now i wanna say Hungry Marie will be next but i wonder if the fact that its from the author of Beelzebub, will mean it gets a little more time Confused
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:11 am Reply with quote
I think the manga-ka should go the e-manga route for this series to last longer.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:46 am Reply with quote
Honestly, this manga was terrible, so no surprises here.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:57 am Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
Axe-San is a cruel unforgiving one, oh well Neutral . Now i wanna say Hungry Marie will be next but i wonder if the fact that its from the author of Beelzebub, will mean it gets a little more time Confused

Honestly it could still work out but if he doesn't show enough development then the manga will surely be canceled. Also if it remains at the bottom.
valoon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:56 am Reply with quote
Told ya. Hungry Marie is next.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:13 am Reply with quote
JUMP readers makes me mad sometimes...

This was easily the funniest and best of the 6 new series. Poro was such a cool protagonist. It had so much potential too.

Red Sprite, now Poro and knowing them, since I like Shudan!, it's going to live a short life too.

I really need to stop getting emotionally invested in bew series so fast :/
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:14 am Reply with quote
What killed it?

A new girl was introduced every week and it turned into a borderline-harem series. Poro turned into a Mary Sue and no character got any attention besides him and it all revolved around the perfect him solving people's problems. And there was a change in assistants which caused an art style change within the first volume itself.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Unsuprising. It was certainly better then We Never Learn though. Holy god is that series a trash fire.
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I don't even know the manga but I knew it'd get the old axe-kun because everyone was mentioning it on the past couple of articles about axe-kun's wrath.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:51 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I think the manga-ka should go the e-manga route for this series to last longer.

Then it would've had to compete with One Punch Man as a comedy manga about a horrifically overpowered protagonist confused at what to do in life because he finds fighting as boring. I think it would've had an even tougher time there.

I'll bet this manga could have avoided cancellation so quickly were it released in something other than Weekly Shonen Jump.

SkerllyF wrote:
What killed it?

A new girl was introduced every week and it turned into a borderline-harem series. Poro turned into a Mary Sue and no character got any attention besides him and it all revolved around the perfect him solving people's problems. And there was a change in assistants which caused an art style change within the first volume itself.

Whoa, really? Is that what happened to it after the third chapter? Sounds like quite the betrayal of its premise...unless it was already planned to go that way, in which case it was poorly set up.

Well, or the editors or executives knew this series was not popular and he was asked to turn it into a harem series.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:06 am Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
And there was a change in assistants which caused an art style change within the first volume itself.

Another possibility is since now "Bleach" and "Naruto" have concluded and OP being the sole flagship title, WSJ subscribers have perhaps less of an incentive to buy the print mag and read the newer titles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1