• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Lists Hundred, Taboo Tattoo for BD/DVD Release

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Now, if J-Novel could pick up the "Hundred" light novels or if the series' wiki could at least be larger.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Were these anime....bad? Confused

Last edited by Animechic420 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DDragonking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Hundred was alright but Taboo Tatoo was pretty bad
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Jeez give us re zero already
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Hundred was generic, but it was an okay show. Taboo Tattoo was initially trashy fun, but it became really bad in its second half. I am surprised they are getting discs releases and English dubs. But this also could mean that Crunchyroll is willing to to do disc releases for shows that might not have been that well received/regarded. I also hope this is an indication that Tatami Galaxy will see a disc release from Funimation.
leelee85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I Just hope Funimation or crunchyroll get home video release for animes (that are NOT licensed by Sentai Filmwork) that is on Anime Strike.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I didn't hear anything about Hundred when it was airing (guess that's a testament to how much of an "impact" it had), but the only things I heard about Taboo Tattoo were negative. It's a wonder it was chosen to be dubbed.

leelee85 wrote:
I Just hope Funimation or crunchyroll get home video release for animes (that are NOT licensed by Sentai Filmwork) that is on Anime Strike.

Same. Fingers crossed that Re:Creators and Virgin Soul will be picked up by them one day.
leelee85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Same. Fingers crossed that Re:Creators and Virgin Soul will be picked up by them one day.

Same to you but I really want Dive!! and Battery to be picked Up.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I didn't hear anything about Hundred when it was airing (guess that's a testament to how much of an "impact" it had), but the only things I heard about Taboo Tattoo were negative. It's a wonder it was chosen to be dubbed.

leelee85 wrote:

Actually I think that aniplex of america will release re:creators. they were doing some promoting for it last month at a con.

OT im definatly getting hundred. I never would have thought that I would get this chance to own it. sure it was generic but I loved the chemistry between hayato and emilia
leelee85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Actually I think that aniplex of america will release re:creators. they were doing some promoting for it last month at a con.

I thought Aniplex Of America is not going to licence anything that is on Anime Strike.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:41 pm Reply with quote
leelee85 wrote:
Quote:

I thought Aniplex Of America is not going to licence anything that is on Anime Strike.

I have never seen a statement from AoA regarding that. but there is so many anime articles that its easy for me to miss it. I just found it weird that they were advertising the series which is something AoA doesnt do unless they have a stake in the property.
leelee85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
leelee85 wrote:
Quote:

I have never seen a statement from AoA regarding that. but there is so many anime articles that its easy for me to miss it. I just found it weird that they were advertising the series which is something AoA doesnt do unless they have a stake in the property.

If that's the case Then Either Funimation OR AoA should License Dive!! or Battery along with the aforementioned ReCreators for Home Video Release.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Don't know how these are, but good to see the Crunchy and Funi partnership continue.
Melicans

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I really liked Hundred despite how generic it was. Emilia was great. Now I just hope Unlimited Fafnir and Re:Zero are released too.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:29 pm Reply with quote
leelee85 wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:
leelee85 wrote:
Quote:

If that's the case Then Either Funimation OR AoA should License Dive!! or Battery along with the aforementioned ReCreators for Home Video Release.

I just noticed on the mamika can badge I imported using amiami does have an aniplex sticker on it. I dont know if that makes a difference to what I said earlier but...yeah
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5