• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation's Hybrid X Heart Home Video Release Delayed to 2018

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was always coming out next year since they only announced rights to it like a months or so ago.

Now about that Yamada and the Seven Witches Dub that was supposed to be out in July...?
redaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if they are adding Dank Memes and Political Propaganda
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:46 pm Reply with quote
#875573 wrote:

I hope they do. Just to piss people off.
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:49 pm Reply with quote
#875573 wrote:
I swear people look for the stupidest things to complain about.
Freelance_Philosopher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:49 pm Reply with quote
This news is a relief, after receiving RightStuf's preorder cancellation notice that just said the release had been "cancelled by the mfr."

#875573 wrote:

I can't believe people give Funi grief over their dubs. Their dubs are superb, and almost always improve on the original/subtitle scripts. There might be occasional duds and failures-to-land in the joke pot, but overall Funi's efforts are superlative. Daimidaler & Prison School are both excellent dub scripts that vastly improve and elevate the material. Can't wait to hear what they do with this one--just hope it won't be that long.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Its a Kadokawa property, right? they plan to release a BD boxset around Nov?
mgosdin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
I swear people look for the stupidest things to complain about.

As they say, "You ain't seen nothin' yet."

If there is a release scheduled in Japan then it wouldn't be a big surprise if Funimation got a request from the Licensor to delay their release.

Mark Gosdin
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:57 pm Reply with quote
#875573 wrote:

Sorry to say but these days, its Political Memes and Dank Propaganda. "Anime Lives Matter" and MAGA- Make Anime Great Again.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:01 pm Reply with quote
BringBackUzume wrote:
#875573 wrote:

Funny thing is, it'll mostly piss people *not* watching the dub or have no intention too. Like the recent "Gal" series thing it only started getting traction well after the dubbed episode actually streamed so it's obvious people aren't or had no interest in the dub and only knew about it because someone made an essay on a bunch of innocuous lines.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
I thought it was always coming out next year since they only announced rights to it like a months or so ago.

Now about that Yamada and the Seven Witches Dub that was supposed to be out in July...?

We need to replace all the wheres waldo books with "wheres yamada"
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Freelance_Philosopher wrote:

I can't believe people give Funi grief over their dubs. Their dubs are superb, and almost always improve on the original/subtitle scripts. There might be occasional duds and failures-to-land in the joke pot, but overall Funi's efforts are superlative. Daimidaler & Prison School are both excellent dub scripts that vastly improve and elevate the material. Can't wait to hear what they do with this one--just hope it won't be that long.

They really don't. If they're lucky, they might match them but I can't recall a Funi dub that was ever better than the original Japanese version. Also; Prison School? Really?

The same Prison School that had this in it?

Yeah, they fixed it but the fact it was even in there....
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BringBackUzume wrote:
#875573 wrote:

Funny thing is, it'll mostly piss people *not* watching the dub or have no intention too. Like the recent "Gal" series thing it only started getting traction well after the dubbed episode actually streamed so it's obvious people aren't or had no interest in the dub and only knew about it because someone made an essay on a bunch of innocuous lines.

You are right. Most people that really like this kind of otaku fanservice anime don't give a damn about dubs.

Most reactions in blogs and forums was "who the hell would watch dubs anyway"
The reaction of most dubs fans was "it was as a phrase in a bad anime anyway. so who cares"

But after watching the dub of that episode, i think the person in charge of the dub script of the episode really hated to do that work.
It was almost like putting a vegetarian writing publicity about a Steakhouse.

Probably this delay is because Funi have difficulty find people to work in the dub script on HxH. Let's not forget that this controversy begins because in that episode the girls on Hajimete no Gal were reading lines from HxH light novel.

Also the publisher of HxH is the same of Hajimete no Gal and they probably already know that Funi changed the script in a way that made a vicious attack on the LN's and his fans. and probably are not very happy and will be on top of Funi so they don't mess up again.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BringBackUzume wrote:
#875573 wrote:

I mean I thought this was obvious. Its at the very least the majority of those complainings, jumping on the bandwagon to hate on dubs.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
They really don't. If they're lucky, they might match them but I can't recall a Funi dub that was ever better than the original Japanese version.

Fairy Tail is better dubbed to be perfectly honest.
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:07 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I mean I thought this was obvious. Its at the very least the majority of those complainings, jumping on the bandwagon to hate on dubs.

Isn't "jumping on bandwagon" the most common pastimes on the internet?

It's the easiest way to make someone feels like they're doing/having an effect on something without spending much if any effort.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2