• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MiKandi Japan, Sol Press Launch Kickstarter to Localize Newton and the Apple Tree Visual Novel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:00 am Reply with quote
And this is the tweet (NSFW, spoilers) that sold me on this game.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:16 pm Reply with quote
The project has an advantage in being partly handled by MiKandi. They kept Libra updates up-to-date(Libra kickstarter page has 70 of those), they readily replied to backers whenever anyone had questions, while the campaign was ongoing, as well as after. The exchange rates screwed them so Libra ended on a loss, but they are still doing a revised translation of the entire novel, almost two years after the campaign ended, free for all backers.

Compare that to,...

... I'm looking at you, EVERY other vn/game/manga/anime campaign out there...

Also, backed this myself. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:52 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
The project has an advantage in being partly handled by MiKandi. They kept Libra updates up-to-date(Libra kickstarter page has 70 of those), they readily replied to backers whenever anyone had questions, while the campaign was ongoing, as well as after. The exchange rates screwed them so Libra ended on a loss, but they are still doing a revised translation of the entire novel, almost two years after the campaign ended, free for all backers.

Compare that to,...

... I'm looking at you, EVERY other vn/game/manga/anime campaign out there...

Also, backed this myself. Smile

That's very kind of you to say, Blanchimont! Indeed, we're working very hard to improve Libra's script with the help of some dedicated volunteers! It means a lot to us when we look ahead years into the future. Hopefully many people will be thrilled to take another bite at Libra once the first patch is ready to go Anime smile

Simultaneously, as you know, we've teamed up with Sol Press as creative consultants for the KS and its been a blast. Can't wait to see Newton make it to the west. We're all so pumped... especially Laplacian, the creators of the game.

Sincere thanks for all your support m(_ _)m

Here's to bringing more VNs west!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1