• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Chihayafuru Actress Suzu Hirose's Brother Arrested for Drunk Driving

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drunk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Did she apologize yet? Laughing
Calico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 pm Reply with quote
So...what? Is she responsible for his bad decisions?
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Don't drink & drive alone. Always bring your kohai.

Last edited by Lemonchest on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikuzinho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:08 pm Reply with quote
This news article isnt relevant at all for this website I mean
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:24 pm Reply with quote
kikuzinho wrote:

It is always fun watching people tell ANN and its readers what we can read. Can smell the fires of Fahernheit 451 already.

But considering past ANN articles, this news article is completely relevant for this site. And it does impact a Japanese VA who does anime and who is also a live-action actress for anime related movies.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
So...what? Is she responsible for his bad decisions?

In Japanese society, yes for some backwards reason.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:05 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
kikuzinho wrote:

It is always fun watching people tell ANN and its readers what we can read. Can smell the fires of Fahernheit 451 already.

But considering past ANN articles, this news article is completely relevant for this site. And it does impact a Japanese VA who does anime and who is also a live-action actress for anime related movies.

If someone in Zac or Justin's family is arrested for something, is that news worthy for ANN?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

If someone in Zac or Justin's family is arrested for something, is that news worthy for ANN?

- It is wrong to try to control or restrict what other people are allowed to watch. There is already too much of that going on already.
- Based on ANN's own history, this is a perfectly acceptable news, culture, or interest piece.
- Zac and Justin are not Japanese Idols, nor do they have fans that watch their every move. So we probably wouldn't see any news articles on this matter, to report on in ANN.

Now there could be exceptions to that for Zac and Justin. ANN has reported on American industry reps for some of those criminal exceptions.

But my main point stands, the only reason to comment on what ANN should or shouldn't publish in this instance is "control".
Sparvid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen ANN report a single thing about the Vikings-Saints game.
Who is repressing all these 100% relevant news articles?!

Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

Zac and Justin are at least directly connected to ANN. This is more like someone in their neighbours family getting arrested.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:12 pm Reply with quote
That's nice and all, but what does a family member have to do with her? Really, using her name in title isn't needed. Anyway, I'm more interested on why he has a different family name from his imouto's.

Quote:
Suzu Hirose is probably best known for portraying Chihaya in the live-action Chihayafuru films. She was also the subject of a public falling out in 2015 after she made comments interpreted as belittling technical film staff.

It's been years since Hirose made the comments and her career has continued. She's even signed on to star in NHK's 100th "serial television novel," titled Natsuzora, next year. But Hirose has found herself in another difficult PR situation after her older brother was arrested in Shizuoka for drunk driving on Monday.

Built up all that Suzu talk just to end it at that with no PR response from her. I feel blue right now.

Quote:
The discovery of Ōishi's social media accounts has also revealed photos of his sisters that would be considered funny or silly for most but also unflattering for a celebrity.

Now this would be considered somewhat newsworthy and deserve its own article as the main topic with what her brother did as sub-topic.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The discovery of Ōishi's social media accounts has also revealed photos of his sisters that would be considered funny or silly for most but also unflattering for a celebrity.

Wow. So siblings of idols can't even joke around and treat them as normal family. How sad.

This reminds me of the first episode of Kokkoku where the girl applying for a job gets asked what her father and brother do for work. Like, how is that relevant?
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I was surprised to learn that Hirose was all of seventeen or so when she made the first Chihayafuru movie. I'm used to American practices where adolescents are portrayed by actors in their early twenties. I'm not a big fan of the Chihayafuru movies, but I pegged Hirose as older than that from her acting.

Otherwise I learned nothing of interest from this article except for how ridiculous fandom culture can be.

For those who've watched Seirei no Moribito, I highly recommend Ayase Haruka's performance as Balsa in the recent NHK live-action adaptation of that story. I was a bit apprehensive when she was cast in the role because I thought she looked too young. I was wrong. Ayase-san must have trained for the part, too, because she does her own spear-fighting in many scenes.

This is the preview for the second season which takes place after the story adapted to anime by Kamiyama Kenji and I.G: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK_vo9h9Qbs

This gorgeous production could compete with anything from the BBC, PBS, Netflix or Amazon: Too bad it will likely never be licensed in the US.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:13 pm Reply with quote
January 10. 2018 - ちはやふる 秀歌撰:
Looks like this is going to be very much a regional affair with only certain NTV affiliate stations picking it up in a few prefectures. Based on:

https://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/38900901/

https://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/?sid=419204&a=10

The title in the summary of the first special,「さくやこのはな」, indicates a repeat of Anime Season 1, Episode 1 - with a bit of time to spare in the program, based on the time-slot allocated: 2018年1月9日(火) 26時04分~26時39分. Sounds like a message from Suzu Hirose, recorded at Omi Jingu, was included in the broadcast... which also included a "digest" segment for the live action films.

January 17:
ちはやふる 秀歌撰 #2 AnichU,「からくれなゐに」, a.o things, the title of anime Season 1, Episode 2. The episode aired as scheduled.

Episode 2 of the NTV specials included a message from Mio Yūki (Hanano Sumire) and the re-run of S1, E2. The animation episode once again followed by a mini documentary about the Live Action films. Preview scenes and behind the scenes footage as well as on-set interviews - primarily with Suzu Hirose.

As before, these clips and stills from the films invite questions about the kimono each of the cast members is seen wearing. Were these garments found by the wardrobe department or perhaps created for their roles? Either way, it is interesting to wonder who selected them and ponder if the designs and particular patterns played any significant role in their selection process.

Same time next week - Regional: ちはやふる 秀歌撰 #3 AnichU 01月24日(水)2:04~2:39 「ふれるしらゆき」 is, a.o things, the title of anime Season 1, Episode 3.

https://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/39140048/
"Anone" is fortunately also still listed in the TV schedules and I hope her brother's irresponsible behaviour isn't going to affect variety show appearances either.

Unfortunately the illegal behaviour of Hirose's brother will be associated with the actresses and may have repercussions for them as well but the item written for ANN also unfortunately reads a little bit like a gossip magazine hit piece.

Fenrin wrote:
Wow. So siblings of idols can't even joke around and treat them as normal family. How sad. [...]
I also do not appreciate how Lynzee Loveridge phrased this and other elements of the story for ANN's coverage.

Last edited by #Verso.Sciolto on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:04 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

- It is wrong to try to control or restrict what other people are allowed to watch. There is already too much of that going on already.

It is wrong to try and control what people can say on the internet. There is already too much of that going on already. Can hear the Gestapo knocking at my door already.

Your reaction to people commenting that they dislike tabloid style news on the site is equally as absurd.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
広瀬すず
Verified account
9 hours ago
皆様、お騒がせしております。。
多くの方にご迷惑、ご心配を
おかけして申し訳ありません。
今はお仕事に集中して頑張ります。
1,918 replies 6,477 retweets 61,846 likes
Reply 1.9K Retweet 6.5K Like 62K

広瀬すず
‏Verified account
6 hours ago
ありがとうございます。
ありがとうございます!

今夜10時からは
anone 2話放送です。
是非、よろしくお願い致します。
603 replies 2,450 retweets 27,854 likes
Reply 603 Retweet 2.5K Like 28K

Anone too aired as scheduled.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2