Forum - View topic
NEWS: A.I.C.O. -Incarnation- Anime's New Videos Mark Netflix Premiere


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 5011
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:18 am Reply with quote
This feels like one of those apocalyptic action shows that were popular back in the late 90s-early 2000s. On a side note, who the heck are these people dubbing this anime? I don't recognize any of their names.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Primus



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 2484
Location: Toronto
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:33 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
On a side note, who the heck are these people dubbing this anime? I don't recognize any of their names.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBRhoB5V_fA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 3483
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:41 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
This feels like one of those apocalyptic action shows that were popular back in the late 90s-early 2000s. On a side note, who the heck are these people dubbing this anime? I don't recognize any of their names.
I was confused at first, but from the looks of things it is a brand new studio, Iyuno Media Group, that has forgone using the usual California VAs that Bang Zoon! and Studiopolis use, and instead are using new/outside talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Lemonchest



Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Posts: 1770
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:46 am Reply with quote
Those character descriptions get me SO HYPED! Male protagonist transfer student & bright, cheerful girl sound like such an exciting pairing. & so many buddies, you'd think it was Canadian.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LegitPancake



Joined: 26 Jun 2017
Posts: 575
Location: Texas, USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:48 am Reply with quote
I just recently finished B: The Beginning, and although it was all over the place, I still enjoyed it. Also the English dub was amazing.
From initial reactions I’ve seen on the internet however, it seems the English dub for AICO isn’t the best, so I’ll probably watch it subbed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beatdigga



Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Posts: 2842
Location: Here!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:55 am Reply with quote
Still though, same day as Jessica Jones. That’s not good for visibility.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheMorry



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 522
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:08 am Reply with quote
After watching 2 episodes Im sad to say that the dub is pretty bad. Feels more like they are not good at acting and just reading the lines. The dub is not from the same quality as all other studios. Its like they never dubbed an anime before... And that honestly pisses me off. The anime itself looks really cool and the animation is gorgeous, but yea Bones what would you expect? Honestly if it wasnt for the dub it would be amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 5011
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
At least you made it to 2 episodes! There's no way I can stomach the rest after that really iffy dub showing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mhora



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 233
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:13 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
After watching 2 episodes Im sad to say that the dub is pretty bad. Feels more like they are not good at acting and just reading the lines. The dub is not from the same quality as all other studios. Its like they never dubbed an anime before... And that honestly pisses me off. The anime itself looks really cool and the animation is gorgeous, but yea Bones what would you expect? Honestly if it wasnt for the dub it would be amazing.
It doesn't seem like a kids show, so you should probably go for the subbed version anyways, unless you can't read that is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheMorry



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 522
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:15 am Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
After watching 2 episodes Im sad to say that the dub is pretty bad. Feels more like they are not good at acting and just reading the lines. The dub is not from the same quality as all other studios. Its like they never dubbed an anime before... And that honestly pisses me off. The anime itself looks really cool and the animation is gorgeous, but yea Bones what would you expect? Honestly if it wasnt for the dub it would be amazing.
It doesn't seem like a kids show, so you should probably go for the subbed version anyways, unless you can't read that is.
I can read, I just prefer dubs over subs...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blood-



Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 20224
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:15 am Reply with quote
...and my Netflix anime "to watch" queue just gets bigger...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
mglittlerobin



Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 1070
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:17 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
I just recently finished B: The Beginning, and although it was all over the place, I still enjoyed it. Also the English dub was amazing.
From initial reactions I’ve seen on the internet however, it seems the English dub for AICO isn’t the best, so I’ll probably watch it subbed.

I prefer English dubs, for the most part, I switched, the dub actors were trying WAY too hard, I cringed!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyGuySempai



Joined: 12 Sep 2014
Posts: 208
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I saw the promo for AICO and im getting horrible, traumatizing, Mars of Destruction vibes from this, so i'll pass like a MF on this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SexyLexy



Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Posts: 8
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:34 pm Reply with quote
This dub is so bad that I couldn't even finish the first episode. What was Netflix thinking when they chose this dub studio?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mhora



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 233
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Anywaaay, I'm 3 eps in now. Seems intruiging at least. A bit slow, with some painful monologues. I hope it ramps up soon. Looks great! That Netflix money is huuge for these productions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group