• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kouichi Yamadera Joins Layton Mystery Tanteisha Anime as Professor Layton

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:57 am Reply with quote
So you note that Geraldine Royer is Emiliana Perfetti in English, but not that Noah Montoir is Ernest Greeves and Darjeeling Aspoirot is Ercule Hastings?

Anyway, despite the Japanese voices all being recast, I really hope that if this gets a dub (which I really hope it does) that they can get the game's cast back for it. (I believe the dub of Layton's Mystery Journey actually used an all British cast? So maybe not likely considering not much anime dubbing happens over there.)
Chaotic-Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:53 am Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
So you note that Geraldine Royer is Emiliana Perfetti in English, but not that Noah Montoir is Ernest Greeves and Darjeeling Aspoirot is Ercule Hastings?

Anyway, despite the Japanese voices all being recast, I really hope that if this gets a dub (which I really hope it does) that they can get the game's cast back for it. (I believe the dub of Layton's Mystery Journey actually used an all British cast? So maybe not likely considering not much anime dubbing happens over there.)

Layton himself was voiced by an American, the same with Luke's father. Layton's voice actor also voices Don Paolo and Inspector Chelmey.
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I know that the previous games in the series were done mostly by Americans, with the exception of Luke being redubbed for the UK editions, but I’m pretty sure Mystery Journey was an all UK cast. (And I think Layton vs. Wright was also an all UK cast and aside from Layton himself.)
Chaotic-Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:13 pm Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
Yeah, I know that the previous games in the series were done mostly by Americans, with the exception of Luke being redubbed for the UK editions, but I’m pretty sure Mystery Journey was an all UK cast. (And I think Layton vs. Wright was also an all UK cast and aside from Layton himself.)

I misred your original message, I thought it said Professor Layton in general. I can't say for definite with Mystery Journey since most of the cast don't have birth place listed on BehindTheVoiceActors, but at the very least, Layton Vs Wright had Wright who's voiced by a Canadian, and Maya who was voiced by an American. And honestly, I'd never heard about Luke having a re-dub before you mentioned it.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:14 am Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:

Thank you for pointing that out, we've added that information to the article.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1