• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Lupin the Third Part 5 Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:30 am Reply with quote
Nice. We will not have to wait months for a legal stream this time around. And is each episode really going to be 30 minutes long?
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:27 am Reply with quote
Part IV was my favorite anime of the year back in 2016; this one is going right into my queue as soon as Crunchyroll posts it.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote
So glad they're going to be streaming this! Easily my most anticipated series of the season by a wide margin.
SolHerald

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Bless your precious hearts, CR.
CatSword

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The first episode, "Twin Tower no Shōjo" (The Girl of the Twin Towers), begins with Marco Polo, an underground shopping website where people can buy illicit items like drugs and guns. Lupin's target on this caper is the digital currency that the site earns on transactions. A key is needed to steal the digital currency, so Lupin infilitrates the Twin Towers, a massive server facility under heavy security. The key's guardian whom Lupin encounters is a genius hacker girl named Ami.

So Lupin's stealing Bitcoins from the Silk Road?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:41 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:

So Lupin's stealing Bitcoins from the Silk Road?

That's exactly what it sounds like. I hope they don't spend the whole season in cyberspace, though. I'd be disappointed if they don't devote a few episodes to the wonders of France--steal something from the Louvre and the Palace of Versailles! Camp out in the Eiffel Tower! Beach episode on the French Riviera! I bet they could do a mini arc in Monaco (which isn't France proper, but close enough).
That said, I'd love to see this show dubbed in French with English subs--is there any way to do that on Crunchyroll?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1