• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question of whether or not this is postable

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaarthurnaxFeim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Hi,
I didn't know where I could post this and this is the closet to a 'help' forum that I could get. I've gone through and read all the rules of where to properly place a topic and I do not want to get banned...
So my question is, I have a self promotion but it's not an item to buy. It's a channel that I made that is super legit. I just wanted to know if I could post that somewhere or not. There's not really anyone I could message. The closet rule I could find was this:

Quote:
Self-promotion is only allowed if it has value, is relevant, and creates discussion for this forum
See here for additional details.

Commerce is disallowed outside of the designated areas
No Commerce is allowed outside of either the Retail or Subscriber Personal Sales Forum (see rules for Subscribers here). Users may not post their own commercial endeavors nor link to commercial websites unless specifically requested by another poster. Users who have been hired to advertise for specific items will be banned.
Commerce in the Retail Forum is limited to commercial websites only. Links to online auctions or a user's commercial endeavor are not permitted in the regular retail forum. Websites that sell items in violation of Rule #9 will be removed and their URLs banned.

I'm not linking anything. I was just going to inform my fellow anime fans of an anime channel and ask if anyone who is an inspiring anime artist wants to be featured with their consent???
But I wanted to ask you guys first.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Is your "channel" commercial ?
Also, what do you mean by "channel"? YouTube ?
PaarthurnaxFeim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry for the super late reply. I get busy.
No it's not commercial. It's a project I'm doing for college. And by channel I mean for Roku. I've put alot of time and energy into creating this from scratch, unlike Youtube where you can just upload videos. If it turns out to be successful then I might consider going commercial but for being a school project I highly doubt that would happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1