• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cygames Establishes New 'Cymusic' Subsidiary

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
including being able to play high quality music, as a reason for establishing the new subsidiary.

LOL WHAT? Smartphones have been able to do this for like half a decade. Playing "high quality music" isn't exactly power consuming.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:50 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
including being able to play high quality music, as a reason for establishing the new subsidiary.

LOL WHAT? Smartphones have been able to do this for like half a decade. Playing "high quality music" isn't exactly power consuming.

They're probably talking about music while the game is running. They are the publishers of several Idol games such as Idolm@ster: Starlight Stage after all. That and with the wealth of talented VA they employ for games such as Granblue Fantasy (That has 500/600+ fully voiced characters and 200/300+ voiced summons + story quests + a goddamn truckload of Audio Drama CD's and songs - Listen to the SOYA song. That thing's glorious), it's probably a good idea to get a company of sorts to manage them, or at least manage them and the new talent.
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
That makes complete sense. Putting aside im@s, GBF alone has some top tier music. Makes sense that they'd make this jump at some point. I'm interested in what they'll put out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1