• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Our love has always been 10 centimeters apart.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:16 am Reply with quote
I've been thinking about watching this, but after reading the review I'm going to pass on it. Sounds like it would be a waste of my time.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote
It is a very unchallenging series, but sweet. Like the movies.
I watched them all over the anime lull between seasons.

I assume I've missed a definite announcement that it's the "final" animated work of the Honeyworks project but it doesn't look like it would have to be. The second movie introduced a cast of freshmen with unresolved relationships and there seem to be a number of LN's that deal with those characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AholePony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:50 am Reply with quote
This one was indeed predictable and pretty standard as far as teen romance plots go. I still enjoyed it and it's pretty short so it was easy to marathon.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I really hated the end of this. The spoiler[seven year time skip] was absolutely stupid and extremely unrealistic. But that aside, I really enjoyed it. Aki Toyosaki is S-Rank.
meruru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first two episodes, but I didn't think they were very good. I felt like it was going through the familiar motions of the genre, but lacking any sort of hook that should make audiences care whether the couples get together or not. And I like shoujo a lot, so I'm usually pretty easy to please on that front.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:39 am Reply with quote
I thought this was a pretty solid production. I liked the fact that we saw why the two leads were attracted to each other as opposed to just being told that they are. By no means a stand-out title, but it does the job. It does make me want to check out the two preceding movies.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:12 am Reply with quote
Personally was not a fan of that convenient drama hook at all. I thought Miou's reaction was mostly understandable and her thought process throughout the series resonated with me on a basic level. And Haruki's reaction at first was kind of understandable as well, and I also really enjoyed his conversation with Miou spoiler[after they finally more or less make up, where he calls her out on her decision to not tell him and how her own self-loathing and attempt to be selfless ended up actually being the most selfish decision she could have made and hurt them both severely.] BUT, I didn't like the later episodes's edgelord Haruki and I just generally didn't enjoy most of this series because of the absurd level of angst. That's just not what I want from a HoneyWorks rom-com.
All of these kids as adults was a very good aesthetic though. Very classy and pretty dang hawt. Cool
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:05 am Reply with quote
This is unimportant, but for whatever it might be worth.....

There's a typo:
Review section; 4th ; 3rd sentence.

If anyone cares, the below
Quote:
The last couple episodes almost achieve the fims' level of quality, but overall the animation effort is a step down from the movies.
should, instead, read as
Quote:
The last couple episodes almost achieve the films' level of quality, but overall the animation effort is a step down from the movies.

But, of course, this is ultimately trite and unimportant.....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1