• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Video: Go Behind the Scenes of Kyoto Animation's Liz and the Blue Bird Title Track

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takizawa-Shinzou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:37 pm Reply with quote
" When it came time to create the film's soundtrack, composer Akito Matsuda was considering using programmed brass music. The instruments would be programmed into a computer, not performed by musicians. That is, until director Naoko Yamada saw the Senzoku Gakuen College of Music perform."

That's not what the video says happened at all. It says in early planning it was done with VST plugins (virtual instruments) and it sounded fake. Then she said she heard the recording from Senzoku Gakuen College of Music and made the comments about how you can hear every breath and such. This implies a completely different thing than what the article says. The article implies that she heard Senzoku Gakuen College of Music and then requested live musicians record the song afterwards. The video implies that Matsuda-san recorded it with them without her input and THEN she heard the recording of that. This is very common with music production. You compose a song on a computer with VST plugins and then, if you can afford it, you get real musicians to record it with real instruments.

All 4 movements of this piece are very beautiful. Matsuda and the band did an amazing job. The concert arrangement version is great too. Really is a great soundtrack from both composers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1