• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Date a Live Rio Reincarnation Game Gets Western Release in Summer 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:07 am Reply with quote
Funny how licensing issues have not allowed Funi to release the 8/2015 movie yet or even the Fairy Tail OVAs.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:20 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing by licensing issues they mean the price that being asked. Like the second half of Monster Hunter and Puzzles & Dragons animes.
Trendo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:22 am Reply with quote
For your interest, because its still missing in the news, the game will not only have 2 different CGs involved because of Sony, there will be also some changes for different events/story scenes
https://noisypixel.net/date-a-live-censored-west/
MaskOfBrutality

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:01 am Reply with quote
Yet another victim of Soynys censorship drive, pathetic as usual and still ANN won't report on it in any capacity. Will be interesting to see if they have the balls to censor Atlus and the Catherine re-release.

I can't even get the Steam version because 1. my PC ain't good enough and 2. I am a physical buyer only. Can only hope we get a Switch port at some point.

I would loved to have played this since I adore DAL but we, for whatever reason, don't get much DAL at all over in the west. Manga, LN, anime, nowt. Really odd since it is clearly a popular franchise.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:25 am Reply with quote
Screw SONY America/Europe and their (not quite so inclusive) "For The Players" BS. If you're a platform for 'all' gamers then that means everybody, not just a select group you deem acceptable. Just because the Playstation's had a successful generation they think they can strut around in their Big-Boy pants dictating some morally superior agenda.

The 2 CG's in question have 'suggestive posing' for Christ-sake, meanwhile other games feature pole dancing and actual sex! Rolling Eyes

A word to the wise, you want people to buy your product don't be hypocritical jackasses and start telling them what should and shouldn't be acceptable. Let the damn Ratings Boards do their job and keep your stuck-up noses out of it.

If this is the new direction SONY West is gonna take, I hope all the goodwill they've garnered this generation turns around and bites them in the ass hard. As for the PS5 when it rears it's ugly head, it'll be a big "F*CK YOU" from me.
Cetais

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:29 am Reply with quote
[quote="Chaos]
The 2 CG's in question have 'suggestive posing' for Christ-sake, meanwhile other games feature pole dancing and actual sex! Rolling Eyes

[/quote]

What's wrong with pole dancing? It's just a [expletive] dance. That's coming from someone who do pole dancing.

Also, Date A Live features sexualised underaged characters. That's a really huge part of the problem.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:42 am Reply with quote
this is awesome! i'm just happy its getting localized, come on collectors editions!
I already had too import the movie, seeing how thats not happening, i'm happy i didn't waste my money $ on the games at least.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:51 pm Reply with quote
The main reason I read the article was to see if Sony was going to mess with it. I don't know what exactly will be modified, but it's probably not as explicit as say, the totally naked prostitute I found in Red Dead 2, but they wouldn't dare try to censor a big company.

It's weird to see it in the same article that the Steam version will be unchanged when they were catching flak for how they handled H games not long ago.
Trendo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:51 pm Reply with quote
It seems that IFI is the next one that will leave Sony behind according to this new tweet here
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/1060970879742435329
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:29 pm Reply with quote
At this point it is no surprise that Sony decided to censor the Date A Live game though it is impressive how quickly the list of censored PS4 games is growing. I don't see why any Japanese game developer would even consider the PS4 for any future game that has even the slightest amount of ecchi in it. The most likely scenario is that the game gets censored and the worst case scenario is that Sony bans it just before it gets published.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:01 am Reply with quote
They should have an uncensored version and censored version, like what they are doing with the new "Senran Kagura" anime series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1