• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cardcaptor Sakura Enters the Twilight in Mobile Game Collab

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Asuka looks cute wearing Sakura outfit. Anime smile I would like to give this game a try knowing that it takes a different approach to the story. I do not know how high a chance this game would have of being translated to English though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:46 am Reply with quote
Sakura was also part of a collab in Granblue Fantasy, so this isn't her first mobile game crossover rodeo.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:32 pm Reply with quote
^ I see. To bad I never got the chance to play Granblue Fantasy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
^ I see. To bad I never got the chance to play Granblue Fantasy.

Me neither. I know you can play it on mobile or web browser, and the language can be switched to English (and almost perfectly translated English too), though it switches back to Japanese for the browser version after the tutorial, for some reason. I'd rather it have gotten an official release at this point, but since all those anime and game collabs were one time only and have long since passed, we'll never get the joy of having Sakura, Mikasa, Conan, Yuri Lowell, Ryu, Chun-Li, and the original Pretty Cure fighting in the same team.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quote
^Really? I wonder what was the point of having an English option available when it’s only going to be available for the tutorial. I would have been nice if the game got officially translated in English as well, but at least we got Cygame’s other title Dragalia Lost. Anime smile On another note it’s this reason why I would like to learn to read Japanese one day. I do not want to be left out on all the fun.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:54 am Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
^Really? I wonder what was the point of having an English option available when it’s only going to be available for the tutorial. I would have been nice if the game got officially translated in English as well, but at least we got Cygame’s other title Dragalia Lost. ^_^ On another note it’s this reason why I would like to learn to read Japanese one day. I do not want to be left out on all the fun.

You can switch back to English again after that actually. It's not permanent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1