• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz's Shonen Jump to Replace 'Jump Start' Initiative With More Serializations

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear, now we won't have potentially good survivors slip away, like how we have to catch up with Demon Slayer and Act-age now... Would be nice if we could have gotten the other jump starts that kept going too, I thought I'm From Japan was funny and now it's getting (a presumably short form) anime lol
Mistaken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:36 pm Reply with quote
they're still region locked amongst other things, but that's the most important. so i don't see how this will do much.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:08 am Reply with quote
Tried to get this but it's not available in my country... oh well.
1dbad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:33 am Reply with quote
Viz did say they are working on making things available in more countries, with the hopes of making Viz a truly global site one day.

I'm glad Viz is making this change. I thought the Jump Start thing was a good idea until I saw how easily could miss out on a successful series due to lukewarm reaction here. (like Jujutsu Kaisen, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Act-Age) It also felt hard to invest oneself in a title when you weren't sure whether you'd even be able to read past chapter 3.
dark13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:02 am Reply with quote
None of this matters to me unless I can re read old manga like Reborn and current ones like Gintama so I'm just going to keep pirating, since apparently I can't read what I want legal anyways.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:58 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
None of this matters to me unless I can re read old manga like Reborn and current ones like Gintama so I'm just going to keep pirating, since apparently I can't read what I want legal anyways.

Those arent being sold and were incomplete so theres no point for them to make them digital.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:32 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Those arent being sold and were incomplete so theres no point for them to make them digital.

They could always release what they have and then people can just pirate the rest. Better than nothing, yeah? Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1