• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?' Anime's 2nd Season Premieres This Summer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Just one season away!
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:18 am Reply with quote
More Eina Chigusa and Asfi please
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:24 am Reply with quote
Yay!
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:25 am Reply with quote
I look forward to the War Games and the introduction of The Pleasure Quater and all the new adventures!
Dovah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:44 am Reply with quote
Wow, I definitely didn't expect to ever see this series get a 2nd season. It's a pleasant surprise.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:21 am Reply with quote
Finally.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:18 am Reply with quote
Dovah wrote:
Wow, I definitely didn't expect to ever see this series get a 2nd season. It's a pleasant surprise.

But the second season was announced along with the movie last year, this time have only confirmed the release season.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:48 am Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:
I look forward to the War Games and the introduction of The Pleasure Quater and all the new adventures!

yea been looking forward too this, not sure how many episodes this has, but if its like the 1st season i can imagine them covering all that and maybe teasing a season 3 spoiler[showing the birth of wiene] in the final episode, since unless its 24 episodes I cant see them fitting in the whole arc with them.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:08 am Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
Catseyetiger wrote:

yea been looking forward too this, not sure how many episodes this has, but if its like the 1st season i can imagine them covering all that and maybe teasing a season 3 spoiler[showing the birth of wiene] in the final episode, since unless its 24 episodes I cant see them fitting in the whole arc with them.

Agreed. Five novels were almost entirely covered by the first 13-episode season (one short story from them has yet to be adapted), but the 7th and 8th novels in particular are much beefier, so a 12-13 episode season just to cover 6-8 seems appropriate, probably with a 3/4/5 or 3/5/5 episode breakdown.

And yeah, I'd love to see either a 24-25 episode run or else a third season to adapt the story arc covering novels 9-11.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashabel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:36 am Reply with quote
I sincerely hope that the second season is paced better than the first one. The animation and acting were gorgeous, but the series really barrel rolled through volumes 3-5 in a way that makes later episodes considerably drop in quality.

I actually recommend the mobile game to people who want into the franchise but don't feel like reading the novels these days, since it actually restores multiple minor scenes from the novels that the anime chops out.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:58 am Reply with quote
^ I didn't like the first season at all (wouldn't have picked the books up if I'd watched the anime first even), but the main fault of it imo was actually that adapting volume 5 took so long when it went really fast through volumes 1-3. Thankfully, the material going forward is better, but I can totally see myself disliking the pacing again.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:51 am Reply with quote
Ashabel wrote:

I actually recommend the mobile game to people who want into the franchise but don't feel like reading the novels these days, since it actually restores multiple minor scenes from the novels that the anime chops out.

Also, the Game is fully voiced so yeah lol
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:14 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
^ I didn't like the first season at all (wouldn't have picked the books up if I'd watched the anime first even), but the main fault of it imo was actually that adapting volume 5 took so long when it went really fast through volumes 1-3. Thankfully, the material going forward is better, but I can totally see myself disliking the pacing again.

Yep. Pretty much the reason I didn't care for the anime (ESPECIALLY Sword Oratoria), it just went way too fast. Maybe it will be better the second time around.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:27 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Agreed. Five novels were almost entirely covered by the first 13-episode season (one short story from them has yet to be adapted), but the 7th and 8th novels in particular are much beefier, so a 12-13 episode season just to cover 6-8 seems appropriate, probably with a 3/4/5 or 3/5/5 episode breakdown.

And yeah, I'd love to see either a 24-25 episode run or else a third season to adapt the story arc covering novels 9-11.

Sounds about right for an episode breakdown but I can see it getting 13 eps like season 1. I can almost predict how each episode will play out and I agree that most of the episodes will focus on the events of vol 8 considering what its about. Rebecca is gonna have fun with her reviews when this airs.

Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Yep. Pretty much the reason I didn't care for the anime (ESPECIALLY Sword Oratoria), it just went way too fast. Maybe it will be better the second time around.

That will depend on how much they plan to cover this time. A lot of people are guessing 3 vols which works a lot better for 13 eps.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:04 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

You're somewhat misunderstanding my post. The first 3 volumes' adaptation were fine. They could've been better but they were still pretty good. Volume 5's episodes taking their sweet ass time was what killed the show for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2