• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dark Horse Licenses Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:31 am Reply with quote
Sometimes I forgot the DH license and release manga. Saw the anime for this, and didn't really enjoy it (only watched a few episodes). Though, I do like the idea of the extras that they'll be doing for this series, getting a chef and giving info on ramen places to eat.

Seeing this article reminded me that DH is going to be releasing Elfen Lied this year, that one I may end up checking out. The last DH manga I bought was the Kurneko spin off, where spoiler[best girl wins], so it has been awhile since they've been on my radar.

But, whenever DH does pop up on my manga radar, always lament the way that both World Embryo and Translucent were left hanging...
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:23 am Reply with quote
I thought Laid Back Camp was the better CGDCT anime of that season but I liked Ms. Koizumi well enough to keep watching it. The extras seem interesting enough that I might check out the manga.
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:29 am Reply with quote
I eagerly await for Dark Horse to put this on indefinite hiatus.
Robiii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:37 am Reply with quote
But why tho?
Mc-Taz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, seeing as I'm a little obsessed with the anime, this is only good news to me. If anything, it gives me something I definitely want to buy from Dark Horse for once. A couple other titles they have put out in the past have interested me, but I don't think I've gotten around to picking up any of those yet.

Now I just need concrete plans for the anime to get released stateside and all is well!
Rhys2753

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Swiftyy wrote:
I eagerly await for Dark Horse to put this on indefinite hiatus.

Sobs in Drifters and Blood Blockade Battlefront.
Yukinon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Definitely buying this one. I love ramen and drooled over the delicious-looking ramen bowls on the live action show, back when it was available for free viewing on Viki as Ramen Loving Girl.

My husband is buying I Am a Hero from Dark Horse and is loving it. Says it’s different from all the other zombie stories he has ever read and seen before, and he has seen a lot!

I suggested that they license the Elfen Lied manga due to the Stranger Things connection a while back, and was happy to see they picked it up. I would love to read Billy Bat in English too, which is basically a satire of Mickey Mouse and its sinister power over the world.
Saito?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:03 pm Reply with quote
This is my obligatory post wishing DH would finish at least a 1/2 dozen series sitting on my shelf.... MPD Psycho, Eden, Bride of the Water God, and Ghosttalker's Daydream at the top of my personal list. -- but still excited for Elfen Lied.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1