• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: AKB48 to Skip Annual General Election For the First Time This Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Woaaahh... what a shcoker-well, not really. It is not surprising they r skipping it since so many girls announced their graduation after Produce48 and actually leaving for the Korean industry of music. Especially since Juri, one of the biggest names in AKB48, announced she is leaving as well. Not to mention some girls have already announced they are not joining earlier this year and last year or so, so yeah. Not that all surprising.
Ming Yi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:32 pm Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
Woaaahh... what a shcoker-well, not really. It is not surprising they r skipping it since so many girls announced their graduation after Produce48 and actually leaving for the Korean industry of music. Especially since Juri, one of the biggest names in AKB48, announced she is leaving as well. Not to mention some girls have already announced they are not joining earlier this year and last year or so, so yeah. Not that all surprising.

I don't think it's that. It's mostly because of NGT48's scandal (where Maho Yamaguchi said she was assaulted and the management not only did very little about it but also tried to cover it up) earlier this year, which has caused a lot of sponsors to drop out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1