• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zoids Franchise Gets New Manga in August

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:11 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised Zoids Wild is getting a "second generation." Did anyone even watch this show? The few things I heard about it didn't sound great.
amtt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Kinda wishing wild would end. The mangaka for it isn't my fav, and it does deviate from the anime (not a bad thing).
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I'm surprised Zoids Wild is getting a "second generation." Did anyone even watch this show? The few things I heard about it didn't sound great.

Do you regularly hear online chatter about children's shows? Pikachin-Kit got a second season and I'm not even sure if Japanese kids care about that.
amtt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Do you regularly hear online chatter about children's shows? Pikachin-Kit got a second season and I'm not even sure if Japanese kids care about that.

Not at all. I was thinking more of by sales numbers. The released the ebook of vol2 MONTHS after the print came out. But now releasing vol3 same day as print. I did read the toys were selling well as expected so im sure thats a plus Very Happy
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

It seems to me that it was sales of the toy line that warranted the "second generation", not so much the show itself.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:04 pm Reply with quote
It's possible another show will come shortly, just elsewhere. The network Zoids Wild aired on is removing all of its daytime anime this summer, which also includes the very popular Shinkalion.

With Zoids, we know this new manga will star a new character. I wouldn't be surprised if that gets an adaptation within the next year. The toys are still being released and the manga is pushing forward, so I don't think this is the end of the Zoids rebirth.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

The original Zoids had a decent sized following with Western anime fandom, so I naturally assumed the fandom would watch the new show if it was any good. And people do talk about kids anime on social media like Precure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1