• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Theron, progressing the two mains’ relationship via repeated chance encounter...is just lazy and a bit uninspired, but good thing is that I adore the two characters a lot so that might motivate me to pick up the second volume.

Also, the world building is just confusing, when you look back, it is essentially just a warfare that involves race genocides and energy resources, but the excessive terminology is what throw me off.

I agree with the team commander part, while the entire squad is a walking cliche, the team commander is just the worst offender of course that might change if she become actively involves in future plot.
Lobokendo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:43 pm Reply with quote
*Checks grade first* Man haha, talk about judging a book by its cover... literally Anime hyper
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Guess in this story you have to suspend a lot of disbelief. In war you don't really have any time to chat with your enemy, and even if you did, your comrades would probably kill you as a traitor or someone that would get them accused of being traitors.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Yep. Definitely sounds like Sazane Kei's work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1