• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zetsubou-Sensei Creator's Kakushigoto Manga Listed With Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hopefully lost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:10 am Reply with quote
YES!!! Finally ! I absolutely love this manga and I'm so happy to see it receive an anime adaptation. One of my absolute favorites is gonna get some well-deserved recognition
GX5000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:28 pm Reply with quote
So hyped!
They got Kamiya Hiroshi to voice the father!
Sensei is back!
Woot!
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:42 am Reply with quote
And another father-daughter manga/anime. Can someone explains to me why father-daughter trope still trending in mangas/animes? I'll admit I'm kinda hate that trope because it's not just a cliché but it upsets me personally because I don't have a father and I only have a mother. Why there are no (alive not dead)mother-daughter trope in mangas/animes? Patriarchy wins and mothers are so irrelevant. Sad.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:46 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
And another father-daughter manga/anime. Can someone explains to me why father-daughter trope still trending in mangas/animes? I'll admit I'm kinda hate that trope because it's not just a cliché but it upsets me personally because I don't have a father and I only have a mother. Why there are no (alive not dead)mother-daughter trope in mangas/animes? Patriarchy wins and mothers are so irrelevant. Sad.

Considering the vast number of shows where a father is either dead or is never seen I would say that fathers usually get the short end of the stick in anime. I can count on a single hand the number of anime shows that are specifically about a father and daughter with Sweetness and Lightning being one of them. As for the anime market a lot of it is for teenagers but some of the audience is older so it isn't that much of a surprise that there are a few shows about fathers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1