• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma Anime Gets 5th Season in April 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I was under the impression that season 4 was going to be two continuous cours, but a three months break is fine. I look forward to season 5 hoping that it continues to be as fun as the first four seasons.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:44 am Reply with quote
Okay some of the characters on that visual are gonna have no importance or major appearance during this season.
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:54 am Reply with quote
Great no real changes. We're going to get the entire series animated.

I know all of my friends and I will be watching. Just hope we a picture a la Kenichi on the last few seconds of the last episode. What a ride it has been!
KarlFranz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:03 am Reply with quote
Who are the 3 people on the left? They don't even appeal or be relevant in the final arc?
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:19 am Reply with quote
As I said before, the making-of special by Crunchyroll showed manga volumes 31-36 on the staffers' desks, so they must have been working or about to start work on this final batch of episodes already. It was only a matter of whether they were going to refer to them as season 5 or the latter half of season 4.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:25 am Reply with quote
So they are going to adapt the final arc huh...

It's probably the worst arc in the series so I hope they use this as an opportunity to improve it cause its god awful
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I am so confused, WHY?

There is no marketing or goods for the show since season 3 and everyone hates this arc apparently so......WHY
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:04 am Reply with quote
Well, nice that they're going to (presumably) finish it at least
idkAlan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:21 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I am so confused, WHY?

There is no marketing or goods for the show since season 3 and everyone hates this arc apparently so......WHY

Just by looking at sites like a Amiami or CDJapan, it shows that Food Wars merchandise and anime volumes are still top sellers. So of course the studio will make more seasons.

Yes, some fans have complained about the Blue arc but not enough where it has made a dent in the 4th season sales.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Yay I just saw the end of season 4 and that was such a strong and as good as it possibly could be. Refraining the series to be erinas story and having him just be her manic pixie dream chief that breaks her down makes the whole thing work much better I think. I don't want or need anything else from this series after such a satisfying ending, so yay good bye food wars thank you for all you have taught me about food, and giving me such great charcters, don't worry I know where the door is I'll see myself out
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:56 pm Reply with quote
idkAlan wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I am so confused, WHY?

Just by looking at sites like a Amiami or CDJapan, it shows that Food Wars merchandise and anime volumes are still top sellers. So of course the studio will make more seasons.

Yes, some fans have complained about the Blue arc but not enough where it has made a dent in the 4th season sales.

Uh, at least in Japan, Food Wars anime sales have always been pretty bad. First season sold 2.5k/volume, second season sold 1.5k/volume, third season was 1k/volume and the fourth season looks to be the worst yet. Merchandise might sell but the anime volumes are nowhere near top sellers.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Yay I just saw the end of season 4 and that was such a strong and as good as it possibly could be. Refraining the series to be erinas story and having him just be her manic pixie dream chief that breaks her down makes the whole thing work much better I think. I don't want or need anything else from this series after such a satisfying ending, so yay good bye food wars thank you for all you have taught me about food, and giving me such great charcters, don't worry I know where the door is I'll see myself out

I share your sentiment, but I still plan to watch season 5. And if I don't like it, I will just pretend it never happened.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
idkAlan wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I am so confused, WHY?

Uh, at least in Japan, Food Wars anime sales have always been pretty bad. First season sold 2.5k/volume, second season sold 1.5k/volume, third season was 1k/volume and the fourth season looks to be the worst yet. Merchandise might sell but the anime volumes are nowhere near top sellers.

As someone whose job it is to sell anime merchandise.....it makes my job really really hard when it doesn't exist
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1