• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Author Yasutaka Tsutsui's Fugō Keiji Detective Novel Gets TV A

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:21 am Reply with quote
Looks pretty dope. Count me in Very Happy
Super_M

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:21 am Reply with quote
When I saw poster I thought that is original anime and will be fujo friendly but than I saw that is based on novel so I have some doubt.

Regardless, character design look neat, and CloverWorks animate Neverland so animation should be decent.
bishonenlover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:50 pm Reply with quote
omg looks interesting. can't wait Very Happy
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Sounds intriguing and the character designs/PV show promise so I'll check this out when it airs.
yeehaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:21 am Reply with quote
It feels like everytime an old crime/mystery novel gets an anime adaption it gets moved to the present and I don't like it! People love period pieces and frankly, alot of crimes that were unsolveable back in 1975 are so easily solved in today's surveilance society so often they make the original story unfathomable convoluted just so that the cops can't easily catch the culprit. A detective using unconventional methods was also bit easier back then since there weren't as many laws in place.
Just give me a crime mystery anime set in 1975 Japan goddammit!!
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:12 am Reply with quote
yeehaw wrote:
It feels like everytime an old crime/mystery novel gets an anime adaption it gets moved to the present and I don't like it! People love period pieces and frankly, alot of crimes that were unsolveable back in 1975 are so easily solved in today's surveilance society so often they make the original story unfathomable convoluted just so that the cops can't easily catch the culprit. A detective using unconventional methods was also bit easier back then since there weren't as many laws in place.

Agreed disappointed it’s being moved to the present. They recently moved Banana Fish to the present day too. It seems if it’s not Sengoku anime is afraid to do period pieces.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:13 am Reply with quote
yeehaw wrote:

+1000
Indeed, I wish they had kept the original 1970's setting (just as I wish they had kept the original 1980's setting in Banana Fish or 90's in Parasyte...), it would have made it much more unique but, oh, well...
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Too bad Hosoda won’t do TV series. I would have liked to see him take this on.
Ruri Lee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:03 am Reply with quote
I...think I watched the jdrama version of this, but instead of a dude, the MC was a pretty rich lady. Same premise though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1