• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Pauses English Dub Releases, Lists Premiere Dates for More Spring Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:14 pm Reply with quote
The best course of action, obviously. Though I will say, California seems to have more experience with remote dubbing than Texas does, so they could get things running again quicker than we think (although the KonoSuba theatrical release is probably going to get cancelled).

Stay safe, everyone.
JRPictures

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
The best course of action, obviously. Though I will say, California seems to have more experience with remote dubbing than Texas does, so they could get things running again quicker than we think (although the KonoSuba theatrical release is probably going to get cancelled).

Stay safe, everyone.

The Konosuba Movie dub wasn't going to have a theatrical release. They only ever said it was coming to their service sometime in April.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:31 pm Reply with quote
So now I'm wondering what Netflix is going to do about their dubs since they have other shows coming up this year.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:33 pm Reply with quote
They pretty much had to do so. I did get to wondering how this will affect simuldubs going forward? Crunchyroll didn't have as many, but Funimation touted how many simuldubs it had going for the winter season, and none of them finished before they had to put a hold on them. License announcements for spring are being made, but I have to think any plans for either company to dub them are on hold.

Depending on how long this goes, it seems possible that the delay would be long enough to decide to skip simuldubs for the spring season entirely. Otherwise, it could result in delays for summer dubbing since there is only so much booth time to go around. I guess maybe a lighter spring recording schedule (if one happens) might be doable?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:

Depending on how long this goes, it seems possible that the delay would be long enough to decide to skip simuldubs for the spring season entirely. Otherwise, it could result in delays for summer dubbing since there is only so much booth time to go around. I guess maybe a lighter spring recording schedule (if one happens) might be doable?
My guess is that when simuldubbing does resume it will be gradual and they'll probably focus their attention most on their biggest shows particularly the ones that air on Toonami like MHA and Black Clover.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1